Steve Phillips Suspended from ESPN

FutureGM

Just when you thought Steve Phillips was only an awful GM:

NBC Sports

Ex-Mets GM Phillips in hot water over affair

ESPN analyst Steve Phillips has reportedly been suspended by the network after details emerged regarding an admitted affair the married, 46-year-old father of four had with a 22-year-old production assistant.

According to the New York Post, the woman repeatedly contacted Phillips' children and wife, who has since filed for divorce. In a police statement Phillips expressed "extreme concerns about the health and safety of my kids and myself" while calling the woman "obsessive and delusional."

Phillips was previously accused of sexual harassment and admitted to multiple extramarital affairs while serving as Mets general manager, taking a leave of absence from the team in 1998 and eventually settling the case out of court. He was fired in 2003 and has worked for ESPN since 2005.

Link

Still trying to figure out why Nny posted some random Star Wars picture with a storm trooper, Darth Vader, and Jabba the Hut.

Oh snap! :lol :lol :lol

Man, I figured it would at least be some 22 year old hottie. Cheating is hard to understand but its even harder to understand when it is done with an unattractive person. Unless its love, and it's generally not - just lust.

"Ya know...I drafted Jose Reyes... :shifty "

He signed Jose Reyes, he drafted David Wright, and for f*** sake he was long gone by the time Kazmir trade went down. He did however try to trade David Wright for Jose Cruz Jr and Reyes for Roberto Alomar.

Not that he didn't make some terrible trades:

Jason Bay for Steve Reed

Jason Isringhausen for Billy Taylor

Melvin Mora for Mike Bordick

"Ya know...I drafted Jose Reyes... :shifty "

He signed Jose Reyes, he drafted David Wright, and for f*** sake he was long gone by the time Kazmir trade went down. He did however try to trade David Wright for Jose Cruz Jr and Reyes for Roberto Alomar.

Not that he didn't make some terrible trades:

Jason Bay for Steve Reed

Jason Isringhausen for Billy Taylor

Melvin Mora for Mike Bordick

Well, that was just me imagining his pickup line.

To those making references to impaired judgment from alcohol, clearly this wasn't the case. Phillips appeared to really care for this girl or at the very least see her as being worthy enough of supplying him with whatever he was lacking at home.

From reading that letter it makes you wonder if Phillips' wife is laughing or crying. What was the girl trying to accomplish there?