4/10 Post Game

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

awesome to come back against a quality pitcher like Sherrill.

Gotta give it to Paulino for the big shot but Gaby's blast was huge too, plus he really started it off in the 9th.

Folks, Gaby Sanchez can hit.

That Gaby Sanchez guy isn't to bad either.

Edit: you caught it.

Hopper has had some great movement on his pitches lately.

Gaby gets it. W/o his ab in the 9th we dont win it and he had the big homer. I think we could have a great problem coming up in future years with the overload of youngins we have coming up. IT will be very interesting to see what happens between Morrison/ Gaby

CANTU!!!!!!! PAULINO!!!!!

Your FLORIDA MARLINS!!!!

MY HEART!!!!

As far as my FOTG, does it have to be a player? Quite frankly, as much as I hated the Umps strikezone early in the game, he was consistent with it (never calling that low ball on the inside (to lefties)), and that really helped in a few of our late at bats.

Paulino with the big bat, and how about that Gaby Sanchez dude? Keep it up.

BTW, is cloning legal? I need to call the governor and see if he can make it legal so we can clone Badenhop a few times.

It was Paulino for sure. If he hadn't made that hit, Sanchez was the POTG.

Can we please give the win to Badenhop instead of Veras? I swear he was the only pitcher out there today who looked good.

I hope we're expecting to score a lot of runs in the future, because it's very clear that this bullpen is going to give up a lot.

Jerry Lane for MVP. Those blown calls in the Coghlan at bat really helped

The bunt that Cogs didn't pull back was on the 3rd base ump. As far as the pitch location, the blue was actually fairly consistent. He hadn't been calling that low inside corner all day. Annoyed me early on, but in the end, I really have to appreciate it, because as much as I didn't like it, he was consistent with it, and it turned out in our favor in the end.

BTW, Does Coghlan have some problem? He swung the bat every bad pitch.

I hope he'll solve it ASAP. (cause of offseason journey?)

Veras... I'm speechless. He leads to overwork other bullpen pitcher, with Pinto.

Just need the decision.

I don't know, I may wind up with egg on my face but I think Veras is "that close" to being okay. Right now he's up, up, up and he seems to have zero confidence if you go by his body language but I have to say to myself this is a guy with a good strong track record that can overcome this transition in his career. There's a reason he's here just like there's a reason Kiki Calero is in the minors waiting for his arm to fall off. I don't remember the exact word one insider used but the jist of it was Calero's medical reports were "terrifying".

I gave my vote to Cantu knowing both Gaby and Paulino (smooch !!!!!) played much bigger parts in this game, just because Cantu went to the plate knowing what he had to do and executed. On this Marlins team execution has to be lauded for its uniqueness. No disrespect to Hanley, for me, there is no one more I want up on this team in that situation than Jorge Cantu, a guy who understands what his job is.

BTW, Does Coghlan have some problem? He swung the bat every bad pitch.

I hope he'll solve it ASAP. (cause of offseason journey?)

Veras... I'm speechless. He leads to overwork other bullpen pitcher, with Pinto.

Just need the decision.

He told Hutton that he wasn't completely ready yet and that he felt like he did when he was first called up last season and that he needed a little bit more to regain his form.

Guest Guest

Jose Veras has a "good strong track record?" When I look at his career numbers, I see mediocrity.

I think he will settle down a bit, but I am skeptical that he would outpitch guys like Strickland, Vanden Hurk, and Wood. Remember that Wood only made the team because Sanches got hurt. Veras was considered to be a "lock" before this and Wood was considered an odd man out (especially with the Nate Robertson trade).

Jose Veras has a "good strong track record?" When I look at his career numbers, I see mediocrity.

I think he will settle down a bit, but I am skeptical that he would outpitch guys like Strickland, Vanden Hurk, and Wood. Remember that Wood only made the team because Sanches got hurt. Veras was considered to be a "lock" before this and Wood was considered an odd man out (especially with the Nate Robertson trade).

I'm pretty sure the only reason RVH isn't up here is because they are trying to salvage his potential as an SP (FWIW he had a really nice start the other day, I believe). Even though this bullpen is terrifying at times, I suppose it's the smarter long-term decision. Almost any chance to develop a quality SP over an RP warrants the attempt.

I would, however, like to see Strickland get a shot. Also, IIRC Sanches can pitch multiple innings, and may make Hensley expendable should Clay continue to struggle.