Ted Ginn to the 49ers

Rabbethan

That's not how it works. You can't just knock off his best performance and say, "Oh he sucks." He earned those touchdowns with his phenomenal return skills. Watch the highlites of both returns. Bad coverage or not, he made players look really stupid. He didn't even get good blocking, and he still took both to the house.

I still don't understand why we traded him for most likely nothing.

He's a pretty solid return man, running to the sidelines or not he usually gets a solid 30 yards per kick return and he could have been better if we gave him more short screen routes but it's all said and done and I pray we get a steal with that 5th round pick.

Because he sucks. He has all tools but no im-game impact. He is a p***y for a football player, refuses to take hits, and cant catch in traffic.

He is not a good returner. IT is to the 20 and the quickest way to the sideline. Even with those 2 kick returns, which both Feely and the jets special teams coahc said was more of terrible coverage rather than GInn doing anything spectacular, GInn is middle of the pack in return yardage. If you take out those 2 kicks, he is 21.9, which would be around dead last, so that shows how much of a kick returner he really is. And you absolutely can take out those 2 kicks because it shows what he is more like most of the time.

Plain and simple, he is not a football player.

Again, show me the averages of the other returners if you take out their two best returns. If he's still at the bottom, then fine. But it's ridiculous to take away his 2 best returns and leave them for everyone else and then compare.

That's not how it works. You can't just knock off his best performance and say, "Oh he sucks." He earned those touchdowns with his phenomenal return skills. Watch the highlites of both returns. Bad coverage or not, he made players look really stupid. He didn't even get good blocking, and he still took both to the house.

Unless if you're talking about the Dolphins overall team performance, right? Then it's ok to take 2 games against elite teams, and call the losses "almost wins" to make a case that your team has great potential, or that your team is better than the Jets, even though the Jets had a better record. Yeah...in that case, it's cool.

Except I didn't say that genius. I said those games where games the refs were responsible for in handing us the loss.

Then I went over each position and analyzed them. Explaing why I feel this team has the POTENTIAL, word you keep missing purposely, to be a great team.

Some advice, you need to get over yourself dude. You lost that argument, now move on.

Except I didn't say that genius. I said those games where games the refs were responsible for in handing us the loss.

Then I went over each position and analyzed them. Explaing why I feel this team has the POTENTIAL, word you keep missing purposely, to be a great team.

Some advice, you need to get over yourself dude. You lost that argument, now move on.

Yeah...of course they did...

Then again, many of those long TD's he had called back were made because of those penalties...

And I'd say it was about 4 called back, but it still wouldn't change anybody's opinion of him. He still holds a 3 year history of dropping passes in key situations. I don't hate Ted Ginn, rather he was doomed from the start when he was drafted. He didn't belong where he was drafted, he didn't fit this teams passing attack from the day he joined (He's a burner, and our QB's were Beck/Lemon/Pennington/rookie Henne).

I don't see San Francisco as the right fit for Ginn either. He definitely needed a fresh start, but he needs to be behind a strong armed QB who likes to bomb the ball in order to succeed. However funny this seems, maybe a reunion with Cam Cameron in Baltimore would've been the best thing for Ginn.

Ted Ginn doesn't have a 3 year history of dropping passes in key situations.

Really? I remember he had a decent 08 season where he had one key catch against the Jets to end the season, but he had at least 3 or 4 games where he made key drops that helped contribute to Dolphins losses. Ginn has had a history of butterfingers that went beyond this past season. If he didn't, he would've netted more than a 5th round pick.

Really? I remember he had a decent 08 season where he had one key catch against the Jets to end the season, but he had at least 3 or 4 games where he made key drops that helped contribute to Dolphins losses. Ginn has had a history of butterfingers that went beyond this past season. If he didn't, he would've netted more than a 5th round pick.

Well, show me, because I really don't remember Ginn dropping key passes before this season. In fact, I actually remember him making a few clutch and amazing catches.

Well, show me, because I really don't remember Ginn dropping key passes before this season. In fact, I actually remember him making a few clutch and amazing catches.

http://sports.excite...sesdropped.html

Tied for 10th in the AFC in dropped passes in 08 while having the least targeted passes to him of any of the WR's on that list ahead of him outside of Jabar Gaffney.

http://stats.washing...eiving&rank=232

Tied for 4th in the NFL last year in drops, and as I stated previously 3rd worst in drops percentage.

I don't have the statistics available for his 2007 season, but he didn't make much of an impression early on (in small part due to a lingering ankle injury).

So, he has a history of dropping passes. His hands weren't made of glue back at Ohio State either btw.

You said he has a history of dropping key passes. As in, passes in crucial situations. That doesn't prove that.

Also, he's had some issues dropping passes. But, he still has good enough hands to develop into a good receiver.

There's no stat that proves that, but if you watched games all last season, Ginn proved he can't be trusted late in games, thus why he was rarely out there in the 4th quarter in close games.

Outside of playing the Jets, you know as well as I do that Ginn has never in his NFL career done anything substantial to help the Dolphins win, and last year he cost us a few games, and in a certain sense the playoffs.

That final statement is where you and I disagree. At this point, considering the team he is on, I don't see Ginn's career going in a good direction.

You said he has a history of dropping key passes. As in, passes in crucial situations. That doesn't prove that.

Also, he's had some issues dropping passes. But, he still has good enough hands to develop into a good receiver.

There's no stat that proves that, but if you watched games all last season, Ginn proved he can't be trusted late in games, thus why he was rarely out there in the 4th quarter in close games.

Outside of playing the Jets, you know as well as I do that Ginn has never in his NFL career done anything substantial to help the Dolphins win, and last year he cost us a few games, and in a certain sense the playoffs.

That final statement is where you and I disagree. At this point, considering the team he is on, I don't see Ginn's career going in a good direction.

Last season. Which is why I said he doesn't have a 3 year history of dropping key passes.

In 2008, he was one of the key reasons why we made it to the playoffs. Dolphin fans make him sound terrible when he really isn't. Yes, he was terrible last year. But, only for a stretch of 4-6 games. At the end of the year, he started playing better.

Outside of the Jets, Colts, and maybe the Texans game, I'd say his entire 2009 was an embarrassment. It wasn't a 4-6 game stretch. More like an intermittent 12-13 game stretch.

Not true. It was a 4-6 game stretch where he was terrible. Then he was stripped of his starting role. After that, he was solid, not great. He didn't drop any passes near the end of the year.