04/16 - Phillies vs. Marlins

asabater

Rip me if you want but Anibal not been that bad tonight... Settled down...

I'm happy he's settled down and was able to go 6 innings but he put the team in the hole quickly against an ace pitcher.

And it was mostly due not to the Phillies getting lots of big hits, but because he gave them free passes to first base.

That's not good. 5 runs allowed with 4 walks over 6 innings is bad any way you look at it.

I'm happy he's settled down and was able to go 6 innings but he put the team in the hole quickly against an ace pitcher.

And it was mostly due not to the Phillies getting lots of big hits, but because he gave them free passes to first.

That's not good.

I agree with this.

And it was mostly due not to the Phillies getting lots of big hits, but because he gave them free passes to first.

That's not good. 5 runs and 4 walks over 6 innings is bad any way you look at it.

I agree walks are killers... I cannot stand to see my pitcher walk hitters...

That's not good. 5 runs and 4 walks over 6 innings is bad any way you look at it.

Even the best pitchers struggle at times (Johnson vs Nats comes to mind). He obviously struggled, but he has settled down and given us some good quality innings and allowed us to keep him out there and not waste our pen early in this series. Sure, he's against an ace, but that was a scheduling issue, not really his fault.