Andrew Miller

biglumber24

More and more it becomes completely obvious that the real pitching talent we got in that trade was Burke Badenhop. And he's starting to prove that he can be more than just a middle reliever, which could be a tremendous boost to a bullpen that needs another guy who just knows he can come in and get outs. I know it didn't go over well in his one chance last year, but under different circumstances he could really use another chance to start. But if he proves that he can be a back end guy in that bullpen, the depth chart of potential starters is just too long to pull him out of that role and bump another potential starter (like RVH) to relief.

Calling someone a loser when you know ZIPPO about them as a person, shows a very shallow mindset to most of us. Maybe Miller is not the ACE he was supposed to be on the baseball field but he certainly is no loser. He probably has $ 3-4 million in the bank which is more money than most folks will ever see.

He also may not have made much of a good impression with his play, but off the field I have never witnessed Andrew be anything but a gentleman to the media and fans.

A loser he certainly is not.

Andrew Miller is waste of god damn talent... he's a loser and always will be

OK, the first part is right, but the second is crap. He's a nice guy, but I just don't think he's ever going to be what he should have been.

Andrew Miller had a provision in his first contract that he had to be in the majors his first year. And that right there was the start of everything that's been wrong with him since. The guy bought into his agent when he said that he was too talented for the minors, and he never ever learned the skills in the minors that every other pitcher has to learn- namely how to actually pitch. It was completely obvious how broken the guy was when was first GIVEN a starting spot in 2008, and he couldn't top 90 because he was afraid to throw his hardest because he couldn't control it.

A nice guy he may be, but he agreed to demand a pretty arrogant contract provision, and the fact that it set a series of bad events in motion isn't a good thing in my book.

Why is it that lefties tend to be far more frustrating to watch and the fact they generally take longer to develop?

Only because they get more chances. Lefty pitchers and hitters are over-valued just because they are lefties and teams fell an indescribable need to keep them over other players even if they aren't statistically better in any way.

Andrew Miller's about to turn 25. Not saying that's old by any means, but it's getting to the point where it's time to stop being excited about him, and his potential. Hopefully, he can turn into a backend of the rotation starter. If not, perhaps he can be a LOOGY; he's had more success against left-handed hitters throughout his career, so it's a possibility if all else fails.

Andrew Miller's about to turn 25. Not saying that's old by any means, but it's getting to the point where it's time to stop being excited about him, and his potential. Hopefully, he can turn into a backend of the rotation starter. If not, perhaps he can be a LOOGY; he's had more success against left-handed hitters throughout his career, so it's a possibility if all else fails.

Honestly, considering the lack of command, I'd rather have Pinto. They would both walk about as many, but at least Pinto is actually somewhat hard to hit solidly. Partially because his pitches are hardly ever even close enough to the middle of the plate to hit. Miller combines an inability to find the strike zone with the ability to throw some absolute loafers every now and then.

I don't mean he's a loser in a sense that his life sucks... I simply mean he will never be a winning pitcher. I get so angry when I see Miggy completely wrecking havoc. I know we were never going to be able to hold onto him, but I KNEW we could have gotten so much more. I still remember when we said no to the dodgers' offer when they wanted miggy for kemp, bills, and ethier

I don't mean he's a loser in a sense that his life sucks... I simply mean he will never be a winning pitcher. I get so angry when I see Miggy completely wrecking havoc. I know we were never going to be able to hold onto him, but I KNEW we could have gotten so much more. I still remember when we said no to the dodgers' offer when they wanted miggy for kemp, bills, and ethier

Yeah, you win some and lose some in the FO department of baseball. But hindsight's 20/20.

Guest Guest

I think the closest the Marlins ever came with the Dodgers was Kemp, Loney, and Billingsley/Broxton. It was the Dodgers that didn't want to give up these guys. In hindight, a smaller package (including less names) out of that lot plus guys like Kershaw and Ethier might have been better than what the Marlins got from Detroit.

I still think that Maybin has the potential to become a solid player, but I would much rather have had Kemp.

I think the deal with the Dodgers would have been the best... Kemp and Billingsley and call it a day. Great to have Loney or Ethier added in there, but I would have been happy with just Kemp and Billingsley.

I think Maybin is going to be a really good player. In fact, I would not be surprised if he were to finish the season with a .280/.350/.400 line, which is decent in my book.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.