04/20 - Game not on tv?

The first game against Colorado will not be on TV as well. Out of the 162 games, 150 are going to be televised. That's a pretty good amount of televised games if you ask me.

Is it really? I just looked at the broadcast schedule for the Orioles out of curiousity and 100% of their games will be either locally or nationally televised.

In addition to the first game of the Colorado series, the second San Diego game also appears not to be televised by FS Florida. It doesn't affect me because I'll be watching on MLB Extra Innings, but I still like to have Rich and Tommy as commentators. I seem to remember the San Diego crew being terrible.

The first game against Colorado will not be on TV as well. Out of the 162 games, 150 are going to be televised. That's a pretty good amount of televised games if you ask me.

Is it really? I just looked at the broadcast schedule for the Orioles out of curiousity and 100% of their games will be either locally or nationally televised.

The way the Orioles are playing, they may want to change that. If they carry on like this, by the beginning of May they're going to be lucky if the O's player's wives and kids are even tuning in

150 games seems plenty, gives us a chance to watch other stuff once in a while, I think you can get condensed games/highlights of all 162 games on MLB.TV (when it works)

150 games seems plenty, gives us a chance to watch other stuff once in a while, I think you can get condensed games/highlights of all 162 games on MLB.TV (when it works)

TiVo gives me the chance to watch any other stuff anytime I want. Give me my f***ing baseball telecasts with Rich and Tommy! :mad

A couple of the games will be on FOX national so we're missing less than 12.

Problem is, we shouldn't be missing any. There is no reason why they can't broadcast every game like almost every other major league team does. Thank god we finally got HD broadcasts though. I remember living in Boston and every Sox game was in HD like 10 years ago.

If you have Directv and MLB Extra Innings, you may get it on the MLB Game Mix (channel 720). I was able to watch the "un-televized" game last week that way.

MLB Extra Innings gave that game its own channel. You just had to listen to the Reds commentators.

In the year 2010, I see little justification for not televising 162 games. What is FS Florida airing tonight instead?

For some reason, the Rays game is being televised tonight on FS Florida. The Rays are usually on Sun Sports, but the Heat play Game 2 of their playoff series tonight, on Sun Sports. The Heat get great TV coverage.

In the year 2010, I see little justification for not televising 162 games. What is FS Florida airing tonight instead?

It's like that for just about every team that's on FSN though I know that's not your point. I'm just saying that at least it's not just a "Marlins don't get 162 games" thing.

What I hate is that some of the games that aren't on TV are away games, so we have literally no way of watching if we actually live where the team is.

At least 4 of the games are on National TV (3 on Fox, 1 on ESPN).

I'm disappointed. But I guess I forgot about the Heat (not really a basketball fan) I guess they got 3 teams, 3 games, and only 2 networks. Screw the Rays though...

On a somewhat related note, who is going to be commentating during Sitrus Series this year? Rays or Marlins crew? Last year it seemed like the Rays got both series.

ALSO: uhh, what is the radio channel/# for the Marlins game tonight?

This is Fox honoring the letter of their contract with the Marlins which specifies 150 games a season and that's what they get. Fox doesn't want to set a precedent by doing any more than the contract calls for because in the future it might create other problems for them, not just here but in other markets. There was a time in Marlins' history when televising this many games was a BIG deal ! We'll have to wait for a new contract to see things change.