Sign in to follow this  

2010 Broadcast Schedule

new contracts for FS Florida/Sun Sports now in effect with cable companies, all 300 games for both teams should be available statewide on virtually every cable and satellite system.

If that's true, and I'll take your word for it, all is confirmed. Florida baseball fans, regardless of allegiance, have good reason to be happy, regardless of whether either team wins anything.

Back in Minneapolis/St. Paul in the '60s, they used to televise about a dozen Twins road games per year. No home games. That was it. 90% radio only.

150 HD TV games is nirvana.

are any of our games going to be televised nationally via ESPN or FOX?

Good question. I guess nobody knows.

Why would anybody want to watch Rays games? Their announcers are so bland.

I half agree. I do like listening to what Kevin Kennedy has to say, but I've never liked Dewayne Staats. I also used to have this feeling or impression that Staats and Joe Magrane didn't get along. Magrane is better on the MLB network, but I'm still not much a fan of him either. Maybe thats all it is... I don't really like either of them and combined... extra suckage. Of course... the Rays didn't exactly have a great team for a long time either.

I've always really enjoyed the fun that Rich and Tommy bring to the Marlins broadcasts. They're hard on the Marlins when stupid things happen, which is also something else I like because it usually parallels how I feel, but they can lighten the mood when a game is a blowout one way or the other. If we're winning 10-0... I still enjoy listening to them do their thing. They project an aura of giving a sh*t instead of going through the motions.

On another note, it's good news for me in Fort Myers on Comcast if I get to see all 150 games this year and in HD as well. Awesome.

are any of our games going to be televised nationally via ESPN or FOX?

Good question. I guess nobody knows.

I don't think nationally televised games on those stations use the "hometown" announcers.

With the new contracts for FS Florida/Sun Sports now in effect with cable companies, all 300 games for both teams should be available statewide on virtually every cable and satellite system.

Does that include U-Verse subscribers?

With the new contracts for FS Florida/Sun Sports now in effect with cable companies, all 300 games for both teams should be available statewide on virtually every cable and satellite system.

Yes

Yes
Excellent!