Lamb Designated, Petersen Promoted

Maybe Stanton to AAA?

I think, just guessing, more likely Maybin to AAA. If not tonight, very soon.

Well, I mean, if that was the plan I don't see why he (or CC) didn't get sent down now. This opens up a spot in RF in AAA, just waiting for a certain player who's SLG is higher than everyone else's OPS.

Maybe Stanton to AAA?

Well, I mean, if that was the plan I don't see why he (or CC) didn't get sent down now. This opens up a spot in RF in AAA, just waiting for a certain player who's SLG is higher than everyone else's OPS.

I have no idea just guessing that's all, you could right.

Maybe Stanton to AAA?

Yeah, that's a good point.

I imagine we'll start seeing a lot of Coghlan/Ross/Petersen vs RHP and Coghlan or Maybin/Ross/Carroll vs LHP. It could be a decent platoon in RF.

If Petersen gets a few starts and does well, it might come to the point where both Coghlan and Maybin get sent down.

You want them to get the ABs but you can't afford to keep having those two massive holes in the line-up.

If Petersen can't hit, then maybe we'll see the big boy sooner than we think. The Marlins can't even turn to Bonifacio, because he's sucking in AAA.

If Petersen gets a few starts and does well, it might come to the point where both Coghlan and Maybin get sent down.

You want them to get the ABs but you can't afford to keep having those two massive holes in the line-up.

If Petersen can't hit, then maybe we'll see the big boy sooner than we think. The Marlins can't even turn to Bonifacio, because he's sucking in AAA.

This. Man. I must say that I'm shocked at the way this season has started for our outfield.

Maybe Stanton to AAA?

Comeback kid, John Raynor could take a one of OF spot.

Ah yes, forgot about Raynor. That's a good point.Though with Jason Lane moving to 1B down there (with LoMo injured) there's somewhat 2 OF spots open.

Dougy Mintz is gonna be at 1B.

Maybe Stanton to AAA?

Comeback kid, John Raynor could take a one of OF spot.

Ah yes, forgot about Raynor. That's a good point.Though with Jason Lane moving to 1B down there (with LoMo injured) there's somewhat 2 OF spots open.

Dougy Mintz is gonna be at 1B.

More good points.

I'm not concerned WHO they send up or down at this point. Just rattle things up a little bit!

I really wonder how much Johnson helped Cogs last year. Not just from hitting behind him but I heard he helped Cogs a lot with how to approach pitchers.

been wondering that same thing myself lately.

Maybe Stanton to AAA?

Maybe. But I doubt it. Of course that hinges on what your defintion of "very soon" is. I took it meaning within a few days by the way you wrote it. He's been in 26 of the 28 games. I see last night's sitting and the call up as a head clearing/wake up move. He's going to get more opportunities to either succeed or fail before he is sent down.

I wonder if it'd have been LoMo if he was healthy

Pure speculation, but I don't think so. What he showed in ST was that he needs alot of work at the plate. Exactly what Gaby showed in ST of '09. And like Gaby in the regular season last year, he may get a couple call ups to get a taste, but he will finish NOLA's '10 season. I really expect his progression and training to mirror that of Gaby's last year. That's not a bad thing.

Petersen leadoff, Gaby 2nd on Friday do we all think?

Id hate to put this on Fredi, cause Im not one of those guys on here... but Fredi isnt the kind of manager to do this. Usually, someone gets called up to help the team, then gets left on the bench for a week and only sneaks in after an injury or something like that forces Fredi's hand. Plus Petersen has never played in the majors, to Fredi he will be the last guy on the bench. BUT, with that said, i hope im wrong. We need a spark for sure