Frisaro on Stanton

When do you think the Marlins will call up Mike Stanton? I think he should be called up already.

-- Steven R., Miami

We're getting close to the point where, realistically, a callup can occur. Remember, Stanton is just 20 years old, and the more at-bats he gets in Double-A, the more it will help his development. The hope is, when he's promoted, he won't have to be sent back down. There are high expectations for the 20-year-old. It's been widely reported that the earliest would be either late May or early June, and that remains the likely earliest time frame. Stanton had been struggling for about 10 days, but now he is catching fire again. He belted his 17th home run on Saturday. Another factor will be the need at the big league level. Cameron Maybin and Chris Coghlan have been heating up of late, which diminishes the need to promote the young slugger immediately. Whenever he does arrive, Stanton promises to be one of the most exciting young players the Marlins have produced in years.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100523&content_id=10361590

So he thinks a .246/.303/.377 May line for Coghlan and and a .220/.277/.339 for Maybin qualify as heating up and are enough to block Stanton? I'd send down either one if it meant bringing him up (Maybin would be my first choice).

I hope with the Florida Marlins goes Joe Frisaro. He's terrible at his job.