We will be sellers

miamibaseball

ok we seen how bad we playing i starting think owner wont want upgrade he i bet piss that season been failer this team didnt do as other team east did get better by keeping team same but we learn that didnt work so we most likely seller get young player for bullpen and maybe other postion player too that start at first in jacksonville or new orlean maybe come play marlins next season so what thinking on trading deadline???

The only thing i dont want to see is us not make a run and keep cantu and lose him next year so that to me is the biggest deadline story for this team.

The team will get a compensatory 2nd round pick for him if he stays. So it's not like nothing is coming back. Recent second round picks - Mike Stanton, Brad Hand. There are good players to be found. Maybe you could get more than that at the deadline however if a team is desperate.

The only thing i dont want to see is us not make a run and keep cantu and lose him next year so that to me is the biggest deadline story for this team.

The team will get a compensatory 2nd round pick for him if he stays. So it's not like nothing is coming back. Recent second round picks - Mike Stanton, Brad Hand. There are good players to be found. Maybe you could get more than that at the deadline however if a team is desperate.

Im just guessing you mean if he leaves we get that pick. But you are right but what i am saying is that this is a big decision we need to make because if we are keeping him for 2 more pointless non contending months i think you have to deal him or at least see what you could get for him.

Ok..after tonight Marlins have this sch til All-Star Break.

Home TB 3games

At Baltimore 3 games (better sweep them, worst team in Majors. Knowing this team, I doubt they sweep though)

Home SD 3 games

Home (but away really in PR) Mets 3 games

At ATL 3 games

At LAD 3 games

At Ari 4 games

31-34 right now....IF Marlins win tonight be 32-34 or a loss at 31-35. If Marlins can just win every series which is doubtful, but anything can happen...they would be 15-7 in that stretch, no sweeps, just winning the series. so 47-41 or 46-42 at All-Star Break depending after tonight game.

Ok..after tonight Marlins have this sch til All-Star Break.

Home TB 3games

At Baltimore 3 games (better sweep them, worst team in Majors. Knowing this team, I doubt they sweep though)

Home SD 3 games

Home (but away really in PR) Mets 3 games

At ATL 3 games

At LAD 3 games

At Ari 4 games

31-34 right now....IF Marlins win tonight be 32-34 or a loss at 31-35. If Marlins can just win every series which is doubtful, but anything can happen...they would be 15-7 in that stretch, no sweeps, just winning the series. so 47-41 or 46-42 at All-Star Break depending after tonight game.

I think we can sweep the Orioles and Padres even though SD has been really good this year. Can win the series against Tampa, Mets and Arizona. Probs lose in LA and then the Atlanta series can go either way.

Obviously this means hitting and the bullpen have to be consistently excellent however theoretically at least we COULD go 16-6 or 15-7 which would get us right back in the mix.

All season, I keep seeing people say "All we need is a win streak and we'll be fine", with this team's bad defense, lack of clutch/timely hitting, and bad bullpen, I honestly don't see this happening if the team stays pat and makes no changes for the better. I hope they prove me wrong, but I don't see this team being capable of a win streak capable of putting the club back into the playoff hunt... We can't pin our post-season hopes on a win streak...As one person said, "We need to play one game at a time and play better baseball"

ok we seen how bad we playing i starting think owner wont want upgrade he i bet piss that season been failer this team didnt do as other team east did get better by keeping team same but we learn that didnt work so we most likely seller get young player for bullpen and maybe other postion player too that start at first in jacksonville or new orlean maybe come play marlins next season so what thinking on trading deadline???

Wow dude. I have no idea what you were trying to say here at all. If it wasn't for the title of this thread I wouldn't have a clue what we're even talking about. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you need to use some punctuation man!

Wow dude. I have no idea what you were trying to say here at all. If it wasn't for the title of this thread I wouldn't have a clue what we're even talking about. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you need to use some punctuation man!

He's been posting like this for years, get used to it and just read it outloud as if he's talking to you in person. You'll learn. lol

Do not sell! all we need a middle relief pitcher that can get us through the 6th and 7th. That would build alot of confidence and we would see things being turned around for the better.

we need middle relief, more consistent and less aggressive (less k's) hitters, better fielders, and a lefty off the bench that can actually do something. We need a little more than middle relief

Hey guys...first time poster...HUGE Marlins fan from baltimore.

The team looks good, I'd hate to lose any of the starters, especially Cantu. He makes a big difference. The pitching is good, but the hitting needs to step it up. If I see another fire sale/more trades, I'll go crazy. I don't want to put the burden on Stanton, but I think he makes or breaks the team. Hopefully playing against The Rays will get him going again.

Hey guys...first time poster...HUGE Marlins fan from baltimore.

The team looks good, I'd hate to lose any of the starters, especially Cantu. He makes a big difference. The pitching is good, but the hitting needs to step it up. If I see another fire sale/more trades, I'll go crazy. I don't want to put the burden on Stanton, but I think he makes or breaks the team. Hopefully playing against The Rays will get him going again.

A grand slam in the 1st game certainly helps but I would of said next weeks series against the poor Orioles would of been a good chance for Stanton to heat up, not the Rays with their impressive ballclub

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.