Rockies may be interested in Uggla...per Buster Olney

Especially so since Uggla or whoever is not expected to bring us the return a Cabrera was supposed to have given us.

Are you really expecting to get anything significant back for Cantu or Ross? They are average starting players. If they can get back a good AA arm for them, that's pretty much a success. You can't expect to get Carlos Santana for these guys. But of course, you do call Ned Coletti first and see what insanity he is up too.

Uggla though, won't get a Cabrera return, but he is easily worth "Maybin" or "Miller," i.e., another team's best prospect. If they do decide to move him, they pretty much need to get Friedrich if it's the Rockies. And I'd ask for Ryan Spilboroughs too. Their OF is Gonzalez, Hawpe, and Smith for the most part. And Dexter Fowler is obliterating AAA. Spilbourghs is signed cheap for 2011 and is due 6th year arbitration in 2012 so he's more than a whatever piece. You get a pitcher that slots into the rotation in 2 years, and you get your Super 4th OF to split with Maybin next year in CF if Maybin continues to struggle, or your lefty basher to relieve Morrison. That's what I would want from the Rockies.

You guys miss the point. Who cares what Dan and Miguel are, its all about what we get back. If Beinfest misses on a trade, he needs to win the next one. And we all agree he missed BADLY on that one. This time, he cannot trade for potential, he needs to trade for the "right now", and that will be hard to do, hence the reason we didn't trade Uggla after last season or yet.

I'm not sure if I agree we need MLB ready things. I'd say above A ball. Guys in A+, AA, and AAA would be fine if they are talented and could help next year.

Trading Uggla this season means no more 2010, meaning we don't need right now. You get that right?

Personally I think it's way too early to consider trading a guy like Uggla. If you trade him you might as well off Paulino, Cantu and Ross too. I'm totally against trading those guys especially if it's just to save a few bucks. With 2012 just around the corner it doesn't make sense to dump salary just to save money. That is stupid at this point. Now if the Rockies want to trade the Marlins Franklin Morales and Taylor Buchholz maybe you listen.

I just don't want to see Cameron Maybin or Emilio Bonifacio in the starting lineup which is what you get if you trade Uggla.

I would trade Uggla in a heart beat if it means we get a very talented young arm to pitch back to back with Josh Johnson. Offense is a lot easier to address cheaply in free agency. If the Marlins want to compete, they need pitching.

Personally I think it's way too early to consider trading a guy like Uggla. If you trade him you might as well off Paulino, Cantu and Ross too. I'm totally against trading those guys especially if it's just to save a few bucks. With 2012 just around the corner it doesn't make sense to dump salary just to save money. That is stupid at this point. Now if the Rockies want to trade the Marlins Franklin Morales and Taylor Buchholz maybe you listen.

Paulino could be this teams catcher for a few years and is under control for two more. He is absolutely not in the same category as the other three where there is looming free agency and realistic replacements with high ceilings all above AA if not already in the bigs. Paulino is pretty damn important.

But I agree you don't consider moving Uggla until July 28th. This team could go on a run. They are better than their record. But if they dont, I don't think it would be a payroll decision. It would be, we need more arms and Coghlan can play 2B decision.

Especially so since Uggla or whoever is not expected to bring us the return a Cabrera was supposed to have given us.

Are you really expecting to get anything significant back for Cantu or Ross? They are average starting players. If they can get back a good AA arm for them, that's pretty much a success. You can't expect to get Carlos Santana for these guys. But of course, you do call Ned Coletti first and see what insanity he is up too.

Uggla though, won't get a Cabrera return, but he is easily worth "Maybin" or "Miller," i.e., another team's best prospect. If they do decide to move him, they pretty much need to get Friedrich if it's the Rockies. And I'd ask for Ryan Spilboroughs too. Their OF is Gonzalez, Hawpe, and Smith for the most part. And Dexter Fowler is obliterating AAA. Spilbourghs is signed cheap for 2011 and is due 6th year arbitration in 2012 so he's more than a whatever piece. You get a pitcher that slots into the rotation in 2 years, and you get your Super 4th OF to split with Maybin next year in CF if Maybin continues to struggle, or your lefty basher to relieve Morrison. That's what I would want from the Rockies.

You guys miss the point. Who cares what Dan and Miguel are, its all about what we get back. If Beinfest misses on a trade, he needs to win the next one. And we all agree he missed BADLY on that one. This time, he cannot trade for potential, he needs to trade for the "right now", and that will be hard to do, hence the reason we didn't trade Uggla after last season or yet.

I'm not sure if I agree we need MLB ready things. I'd say above A ball. Guys in A+, AA, and AAA would be fine if they are talented and could help next year.

Trading Uggla this season means no more 2010, meaning we don't need right now. You get that right?

Dude, I am already on board with this season being a washout. But I'm not sure the front office is just yet. And they of course are the ones making the trades, if there are any. And no I would never expect a King's ransom back for Uggla, but we do need to have Beinfest "outwork his contract" (an old favorite phrase of Admin's from 2003) and get us a steal this time around to make up for that goof. A, A+ AA or whatever level, it needs to be a home run instead of a ground out to the SS and and easy double play.

Well, if the Marlins do look to trade Uggla to the Rockies, I definantly think Chacin is expendable for them, considering they have Jorge De La Rosa returning from the DL. That would be a rotation of Jiminez, De La Rosa, Cook, Francis, and Hammel. A formidable rotation in my opinion. If the Rockies want Uggla that bad, I'm looking them trading Chacin, maybe Brandon Hynick? I mean, if the Rockies, are looking to sign Garrett Atkins long term, they could part with Ian Stewart, but I don't see it happening. Getting Frankie Morales is iffy, that's all I can say.