Approach / Game Prep

It seems like this team plays the way they play regardless of who they are matching up against. I follow more on the radio than anything, so can those of you with TV provide some insight if they ever change up their approach based on who they are playing?

Using last nights game as an example - I know the marlins are a free swinging, aggressive at the plate type of team. You're facing a team coming off being swept at home and starting a 4 game set. You're facing a mediocre starting pitcher and a team that has a bullpen that is poor to epic proportions.

So they come out hacking on first pitches against Lopez, allowing him to get ahead in counts, get comfortable, keep his pitch counts down and make it to the 7th

why not be more patient ... wait for him to throw a mistake or two (which he will do) .... let him get his pitch count up and get an early look at the bullpen during the 1st game of this series

the DBacks were in front of their smallest home crowd ever, completely limping into the break and the marlins failed to step on their throats

I think its a matter of the fact that they do prepare in advance... but then also the fact that they then walk up to the plate and still try to hack and be the heros in every at bat. Its a mix of game prep combined with relative youth and inexperience.

Like our coaches prepare them, and then they answer with "Oh ok, sounds good, we'll do that, but would you mind if I take a few rips at him first?"

Then whats the point of the preparation if you wont use it? :banghead

I think its a matter of the fact that they do prepare in advance... but then also the fact that they then walk up to the plate and still try to hack and be the heros in every at bat. Its a mix of game prep combined with relative youth and inexperience.

Like our coaches prepare them, and then they answer with "Oh ok, sounds good, we'll do that, but would you mind if I take a few rips at him first?"

Yeah, we have a couple rookies in the lineup right now but for the most part this team isn't inexperienced.

Yeah, we have a couple rookies in the lineup right now but for the most part this team isn't inexperienced.

I know that, but you cant tell me half these guys dont go up there with a hack away mentality.

I know that, but you cant tell me half these guys dont go up there with a hack away mentality.

Yeah there are plenty of free swingers in the lineup, I never denied that.