Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tweets suggest Coghlan wants back in the lineup tonight

Featured Replies

I wonder whether E-Rod sits him one more game?

 

What are the odds?

 

I suppose it could be determined by the pitching matchup as well as Bonifacio being hot as well as not rushing Cogz.

 

A little drama this PM.

(never thought i would say this) but I think you start bonerface *cringe* and helms. Boni has been doing good and helms has good numbers vs francis then you can bring them off the bench in PH opportunities

Right now Im ready to see Hemls play instead of Cantu.

 

Did anyone else see that the Yanks are interested in Helms on mlbtraderumors?

  • Author

Just thinking out loud...idle speculation...

 

Cantu is playing hurt and at the same time being showcased much against his interests, and the Marlins can't put him on the DL because (a) the trade deadline clock is running and (b) it effectively drives his value down to zero.

 

The counter to this would be...if he's playing hurt everyone knows it.

Boni is a .277 hitter on the right side in his career....it won't hurt to let him start again

 

 

In his minor league career (Much larger and more significant track record), he's been far better from the left side of the plate

Twitter...Where serious news happens.

 

 

Doesn't mean it can't be a reliable news source. It just depends on whom you follow.

I just find it funny that nearly all breaking news nowadays comes from twitter.

  • Author

I just find it funny that nearly all breaking news nowadays comes from twitter.

 

 

 

 

lolololololololol I do too. It's a fascinating world we live in.

I just find it funny that nearly all breaking news nowadays comes from twitter.

 

 

A lot of people found it funny when breaking news was coming from the Internet.

Right now Im ready to see Hemls play instead of Cantu.

 

Did anyone else see that the Yanks are interested in Helms on mlbtraderumors?

 

 

I think I saw it a couple places using him basically in the same role as we are using him. One course commented that Helmns likes the Marlins, likes working with a young team as a mentor/veteran, and thinks about coaching in the Marlins system one day. In fact the source implied even if Helms was traded, he most probably would find his way back here next year. Helmns is a FA at the end of the season.

 

If the Yankees find him valuable, why would we want to trade him?

Just thinking out loud...idle speculation...

 

Cantu is playing hurt and at the same time being showcased much against his interests, and the Marlins can't put him on the DL because (a) the trade deadline clock is running and (b) it effectively drives his value down to zero.

 

The counter to this would be...if he's playing hurt everyone knows it.

 

 

 

I did not know he is hurt. Only thing I heard was Cantu was tired. What happened??

I'd Give Emilio one more start today for the main reason that we are facing a tough lefty in Jeff Francis and Emilio has the benefit of being a switch hitter. One more day of rest for Chris and he should be at 100% when he steps back on the field.

  • Author

Just thinking out loud...idle speculation...

 

Cantu is playing hurt and at the same time being showcased much against his interests, and the Marlins can't put him on the DL because (a) the trade deadline clock is running and (b) it effectively drives his value down to zero.

 

The counter to this would be...if he's playing hurt everyone knows it.

 

 

 

I did not know he is hurt. Only thing I heard was Cantu was tired. What happened??

 

By "idle speculation" I meant a thought that crossed my mind.

 

I'm not saying he's hurt...it was just a thought. I didn't mean it to be taken literally.

Just thinking out loud...idle speculation...

 

Cantu is playing hurt and at the same time being showcased much against his interests, and the Marlins can't put him on the DL because (a) the trade deadline clock is running and (b) it effectively drives his value down to zero.

 

The counter to this would be...if he's playing hurt everyone knows it.

 

 

 

I did not know he is hurt. Only thing I heard was Cantu was tired. What happened??

 

By "idle speculation" I meant a thought that crossed my mind.

 

I'm not saying he's hurt...it was just a thought. I didn't mean it to be taken literally.

 

I've thought about it also because Cantu certainly isn't hitting or fielding for that matter as he has done in the past.

I'm surprised Cogs didn't append "also, it's God's will." to that tweet.

 

 

What can I say, the boy loves Jesus. A lot.

  • Author

Maybe he just likes Fogerty?

 

Also, that tweet doesn't exist anylonger it seems.

 

 

 

Sure it does

 

SoFlaMarlins RT @HerbUzzi760: Coghlan says he expects to be in lineup tonight against #Rockies. #Marlins about 1 hour ago via TwitBird

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.