Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 NFL Thread

Featured Replies

Dez Bryant is currently in the best position of any draft pick to thrive this season. I honestly couldn't think of a better team or a better situation for him. It's really a perfect fit, like a young Michael Irvin.He's easily the current favorite to win Offensive ROY.

Luckily for the Steelers, they face 3 beatable teams in Tennessee, Tampa Bay, and Cleveland.

 

 

The Steelers will obviously still be the favourites for the game, but without Big Ben, and a home game for us, I actually fancy TB to beat Pittsburgh

lmao, I meant the shoulder pads situation.

 

Bryant is an idiot. Everyone goes through it. Now its going to be even worse.

 

Just a sign of boneheaded things to come from Bryant.

I thought we already knew Bryant wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

And Roy Williams needs to shut the hell up...he's probably just pissed that Bryant is already a better receiver than he is.

 

Williams is absolutely in the right here, it's Dez that needs to "shut the hell up". The only one who is overblowing this is him. Take it like a man Dez, like every rookie before you and every other rookie in the league is right now.

I disagree, Rabb. It's a dumbass tradition that needs to be put to rest. Bryant is right when he said he's here to play footbsll, not carry shoulder pads.

 

Williams is the one who needs to shut up and play football.

I disagree, Rabb. It's a dumbass tradition that needs to be put to rest. Bryant is right when he said he's here to play footbsll, not carry shoulder pads.

 

Williams is the one who needs to shut up and play football.

 

Stay in your place youngin. Kids like you have no sense of tradition.

 

 

Now carry my sig.

I also think the Texans make the playoffs this season.

 

 

 

The Titans are another hard team to read. In 2008 they were bad with Vince Young but great with Collins. Last year was the opposite. If they play like they did the second half of the season, they'll win 11 games.

 

 

Being a big Colts fan I follow the Texans pretty closely. They open vs the Colts and will be with out Cushing and starting a rookie CB and working in a rookie RB. I'm sure they will hype the game up like it's their SB and if they lose I can see them going on a slide. Of course I see the Colts winning the Div so the Texans need to get the WC. I'm pretty confident one of the teams from the east will get a WC spot and the North could nap the other with Bal or Cin. Will be interesting to see how Pitt plays too. Could see Cin falling off though.

"I didn't know nothing about no tradition." -Dez Bryant

 

 

Somehow this kid was an academic all-big 12 selection..

That's easy. Same reason Tim Tebow was an academic All American all throughout college at one of the best colleges in the U.S despite having an 870 SAT, and the same reason nearly all star athletes graduate.

 

The teacher would get a ton of backlash for flunking the star player, so they probably give them MUCH more favorable grades than they generally earn. I'm not discounting that many college athletes try extremely hard both on the field and in the classroom, but I feel that certain teachers would fear the backlash that would come from giving poor grades to the best player on a very good team (thus making them ineligible to play), and thus would be more susceptible to turn an essay that deserves a D into a C+. Dez Bryant may in fact be a great student, but that's just my belief on the matter (and is simply and assumption).

That's easy. Same reason Tim Tebow was an academic All American all throughout college at one of the best colleges in the U.S despite having an 870 SAT, and the same reason nearly all star athletes graduate.

 

The teacher would get a ton of backlash for flunking the star player, so they probably give them MUCH more favorable grades than they generally earn. I'm not discounting that many college athletes try extremely hard both on the field and in the classroom, but I feel that certain teachers would fear the backlash that would come from giving poor grades to the best player on a very good team (thus making them ineligible to play), and thus would be more susceptible to turn an essay that deserves a D into a C+. Dez Bryant may in fact be a great student, but that's just my belief on the matter (and is simply and assumption).

 

 

Can't remember the name of the documentary I saw on HBO but it went pretty in depth on how many college athletes are given such special treatment.. Kids would have people take their tests for them, they get set up with really easy majors. Lots also claim to have learning disabilities so they get shorter tests, extra time, etc.

Yeah, it was probably on Bryant Gumbel's show. And the most notable case of players claiming learning disabilities was at FSU, where they even had special assistants help them and basically do the work for them (the woman in charge of helping the majority of these "learning disabled" students got fired due to such a claim).

 

And Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls had somebody else take the SAT for him.

DRose definitely isnt the sharpest tool in the shed... he definitely makes up for it in class though.

DRose definitely isnt the sharpest tool in the shed... he definitely makes up for it in class though.

 

 

 

Yeah, he isn't...neither is Beasley...I wonder who would get a higher score on an SAT test....

DRose definitely isnt the sharpest tool in the shed... he definitely makes up for it in class though.

 

He has a ton of class for someone who never attended it.

 

YEAH, WORD PLAY!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.