8/6 Post Game

Not a great showing tonight !

I'm not even mad, just disappointed. This team has no heart. After last night's win taken away, this team didn't show up today. At least NFL and UFL seasons begin soon. I don't even know if this team will finish at .500.

At least JJ pitches tomorrow and still chance of taking series, but ugh.

Not a great showing tonight !

I'm not even mad, just disappointed. This team has no heart. After last night's win taken away, this team didn't show up today. At least NFL and UFL seasons begin soon. I don't even know if this team will finish at .500.

At least JJ pitches tomorrow and still chance of taking series, but ugh.

Didn't we JUST set the record for most walkoffs in a week?

Well maybe JJ can right the ship tomorrow night. Guys don't give up just yet, we can still rally as long as there is a chance ! :thumbup

Even if JJ just flat out makes the Cards look silly, I honestly don't know if the rest of team would wake up. I honestly thought this team would win tonight, not get blown out and then stepped on in in the process.

I can't blame this team for not having heart. They actually do and they showed it just recently. But the problem is this FO never gets anything resembling a complete team at the start of the season and we always end up struggling at some point. We always end up digging ourselves a rut that is very difficult to get out of. This team has done an admirable job stepping up to try and get out of that, but the team is always operating with absolutely no room for error. It's baseball, and error inevitably occurs down the stretch. The players are smart enough to realize when that happens, and it did in the Phillies series.

This FO can't keep letting the team go out of camp with obvious holes and not do anything until July 31st to fix these. Guys like Arthur Rhodes, Nick Johnson, and maybe even Will Ohman (we'll see) were nice pick-ups, but while we're filling holes with guys like these, other teams are out there picking up Roy Oswalt, Cliff Lee, C.C. Sabathia, etc. The best teams out there aren't just filling holes, they are adding significant star power to teams that weren't as flawed in their composition as we were. There just isn't any way that we can keep pace with these guys if we don't make more of an effort from day one to not ignore the obvious issues in the bullpen and this year, on the bench. The gains we get from filling these holes 4 months into the season will not enable us to make up the huge hole we've dug ourselves against teams that are capable of adding some of the top players at their position.

Anyways, I knew what was coming tonight, so I made a visit to my family instead of staying home to watch the game. We're just at the point now where I'll watch the Marlins when my schedule allows, but I won't be centering my schedule around watching the Marlins.

Two GD hits?!?!? That's all we got? This was about the ugliest game I've watched in awhile, when nobody hits it really doesn't matter how crappy the pitching is especially if you have to pitch a shutout to get a tie. Hopefully Gaby will be back soon, Hanley strings together a couple of more hits and Stanton gets a hold of one and JJ can snap this losing streak, one can dream can't they?

The season is basically over, as hard as it is to realize. This team does not have what it takes right now to put together a long winning streak.

Another crap thing is that Wainwright helped build his case for Cy Young as well. JJ needs a strong performance tomorrow to keep up.