The Official Giancarlo Stanton Man Crush Thread

I'd say there's a pretty big gap between Tulowitzki and Stanton...and then there's equal that gap between Stanton and everyone else, although Lucroy's an interesting guy to consider considering how good the Brewers have been and he's been a big part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little quote from Stanton today about LeBron's return to Cleveland......

""That's huge," Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton said. "Obviously, it's the biggest thing in sports, for a while. It takes a lot of guts to do that. I know he wanted to go home. It means a lot more to do that, and win in a place you grew up, rather than just one of the teams you ended up on."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140711&content_id=84221724&notebook_id=84224580&vkey=notebook_mia&c_id=mia

And you know what? If he is a future Dodger, good for him. It would suck, it would hurt, but in the end, as Jerry Seinfeld said, "you're really just rooting for the clothes when you get down to it," and by golly, he's right. Huizenga traded away everyone, Loria blew up the 03-05 team, he traded Cabrera in what has turned out to be the worst trade in baseball history, and then he blew up the 2012 team, yet here we are. We're still Marlins fans. So if Stanton goes elsewhere, yes, I'd be a bit upset, but I'll still tune in to Fox Sports Florida every night from April through September the following season.

Now if Loria and co trades Donovan Solano, then I'll say f*** this team. [Kidding]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good chance 2nd son might be named Giancarlo.

After the birth, while still in the hospital, u should offer him a contract extension so you can lock him to at least 18 years of age. Do it now or you'll have to overpay if u wait until he's a teenager.

3. Giancarlo Stanton, OF, Marlins — It seems as if the Red Sox and other teams have finally come to the realization that Stanton isn’t going anywhere. The theme has been repeated constantly by GM Dan Jennings, who really believes that owner Jeffrey Loria will step up and get a deal done even if it’s a Robinson Cano/Albert Pujols type of contract. That could be a reason why the Red Sox obtained Cespedes, who obviously isn’t as good but has the power and athleticism to improve. This offseason will be telling on the Stanton front. He has a home in Miami and feels the organization is going in the right direction, so, for now, he seems to be all in on staying with the Marlins.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/08/02/following-trade-deadline-contenders-still-have-shot-improve-through-waiver-deals/VDZ3m3tYtPzRH9KwKZagRP/story.html

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/08/02/following-trade-deadline-contenders-still-have-shot-improve-through-waiver-deals/VDZ3m3tYtPzRH9KwKZagRP/story.html

The Marlin fan in me wants to really believe this. The realist side of me is telling me to believe it when I see it. I do feel that it will all come down to Loria. If he opens up the checkbook I think Stanton will stay. Although I'm sure that going home is appealing to him, from what I have read and seen, he really loves South Beach. So does his BFF A J Ramos.

To be fair, there's nothing false about that little article. It says that Jennings has faith in Loria trying to extend Stanton. It says Stanton is happy with the organization at the moment. And it says Stanton isn't completely opposed to staying here long term. None of that guarantees he''ll ever sign anything, but it at least phrases the facts in a positive light.

Guest Vince0926

Vince is going to be so mad if Loria signs Stanton to an extension.

Nahhh. I won't. If the team doesn't contend they will trade him. If they contend, he must be contributing. So I can go either or.

The Marlin fan in me wants to really believe this. The realist side of me is telling me to believe it when I see it. I do feel that it will all come down to Loria. If he opens up the checkbook I think Stanton will stay. Although I'm sure that going home is appealing to him, from what I have read and seen, he really loves South Beach. So does his BFF A J Ramos.

Giancarlo and I are less than 6 months apart in age, and I can say with confidence, I would like South Beach more if I was a millionaire. So if I were him, I'd be very happy here. Plus, it must be pretty awesome getting to spend 4-5 months living in SoCal and being with family, and then 7-8 months living on your own in SoFla, rinse and repeat. It's kinda like college, except he's rich.

Wild card is 500 percent correct. There's no better place in the world to lie then south beach. No matter what we always have the upper hand when it come to attracting athletes but we still got to pay him. If the money the same he is cray to leave. The weather and the woman and the food in Miami can't be beat everybody know we got the hottest woman the best wether the best food and south beach is poppin all night. He is stating right here we just got to pay him. Just give him a one year cornstarch and renew it every year if you have to whatever lol.

Wild card is 500 percent correct. There's no better place in the world to lie then south beach. No matter what we always have the upper hand when it come to attracting athletes but we still got to pay him. If the money the same he is cray to leave. The weather and the woman and the food in Miami can't be beat everybody know we got the hottest woman the best wether the best food and south beach is poppin all night. He is stating right here we just got to pay him. Just give him a one year cornstarch and renew it every year if you have to whatever lol.

I'll take a white chick from SoCal over the chongas on south beach every day.

This thread deserved the bump. 3 HR's in his last 6 AB's. Should be 4 except for stupid Jay Bruce.

Now the Major League leader in home runs. STANTON FOR MVP YA'LL F*CK YO KERSHAWS.

I will say this...if he is traded, MLB can no longer allow Jeffrey Loria to own this team. At some point, the league has to step in and say enough is enough.