The Official Giancarlo Stanton Man Crush Thread

He needs to be hitting those shots with guys on base. The people hitting in front of him are getting on well enough it seems, so I wonder if his approach changes drastically when the bases are empty.

Or how the opposition pitches to him with the bases empty

He needs to be hitting those shots with guys on base. The people hitting in front of him are getting on well enough it seems, so I wonder if his approach changes drastically when the bases are empty.

Or how the opposition pitches to him with the bases empty

Yep. That too, of course.

Anyone just see sport science on espn? They featured Stanton, and that 465 footer vs the Mets was against 16 MPH winds. They said that for every one MPH of wind, it can take up to 3 feet of distance away. This guy is amazing.

So in essence simple math would indicate that 16 x 3 = 48

465 + 48 = 513 So 513 ft. give or take.

Sounds about right.

Fixed the brain fart.

Anyone just see sport science on espn? They featured Stanton, and that 465 footer vs the Mets was against 16 MPH winds. They said that for every one MPH of wind, it can take up to 3 feet of distance away. This guy is amazing.

465 + 48 = 503

So 503 ft. give or take.

Sounds about right.

465 + 48 = 513

So 513 ft. give or take.

Sounds about right.

513 give or take.

Fail :(

Apparently I can't do simple math.

:lol

Longer distance is better!

Does anyone have stats on the average time it takes for balls to be hit out of the park? I can't imagine there is anyone else in baseball that hits balls out of the park faster than Stanton and truthfully I don't think I have ever seen any player hit homers that leave the park as fast as the homers Stanton hits.

He hit half of his home runs last year with the bases empty. This year, he has hit 80% of them with the bases empty.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's probably just a fluke and will balance out more or less before long.

If you're a Marlins fan, Stanton and Logan Morrison are two of the young stars to be proud of. They have so much potential it's not funny. Stanton putting up goofy hr numbers while Morrison is putting up goofy obp numbers with developing power. Hopefully the rest of the hitters sans gaby can pick it up

If you're a Marlins fan, Stanton and Logan Morrison are two of the young stars to be proud of. They have so much potential it's not funny. Stanton putting up goofy hr numbers while Morrison is putting up goofy obp numbers with developing power. Hopefully the rest of the hitters sans gaby can pick it up

im telling you right now, Mike is not Human!

HE IS A MACHINE

A Cyberdine Systems Model T-800???