Sign in to follow this  
Schnellders

2010-11 Soccer Thread

alot of clubs will be making moves to improve their teams for the second half of the season. the january transfer window should be intersting. juventus are rumored to be trying to lure benzema on loan and then buy dzeko in the offseason. while inter are expecting to reacquire ranocchia from loan. cassano has signed with milan which will make their team even a bigger challenge to overtake

Man City may be offering £30m for Dzeko. And expect Balotelli to return to Italy by the end of next summer as he has not settled in, in England.

alot of clubs will be making moves to improve their teams for the second half of the season. the january transfer window should be intersting. juventus are rumored to be trying to lure benzema on loan and then buy dzeko in the offseason. while inter are expecting to reacquire ranocchia from loan. cassano has signed with milan which will make their team even a bigger challenge to overtake

Man City may be offering £30m for Dzeko. And expect Balotelli to return to Italy by the end of next summer as he has not settled in, in England.

i'd be pissed if he went to man city, plus i think they're gonna want somewhere in the 40-50 million region for him. there is a rumor that wolfsburg and juventus have already agreed on a fee for dzeko but they're waiting til the summer to complete such a transaction. juventus might need to dump some players like sissoko and amauri to get the money for dzeko.

And as I say that, he scored a hat-trick today....

i like super mario but a reason for some of his struggles might be the knee surgery he had at the beginning of the season. i just can't stand manchester city so i'm enjoying them not doing well even though they have an immense number of funds at their disposal. they kind of represent the new york yankees of the soccer world.

i like super mario but a reason for some of his struggles might be the knee surgery he had at the beginning of the season. i just can't stand manchester city so i'm enjoying them not doing well even though they have an immense number of funds at their disposal. they kind of represent the new york yankees of the soccer world.

They are joint top of the league.....

Mancini has been saying that Balotelli has been homesick, which I guess is understandable as it is easy to forget he is only 20 and this is a major move to leave his home country. However I do not like him, he is far too arrogant - last week he said he was the 2nd best player in the world behind Messi, which is absolutely ridiculous.

They are joint top of the league.....

Mancini has been saying that Balotelli has been homesick, which I guess is understandable as it is easy to forget he is only 20 and this is a major move to leave his home country. However I do not like him, he is far too arrogant - last week he said he was the 2nd best player in the world behind Messi, which is absolutely ridiculous.

oh sh*t, guess i wasn't paying attention to the EPL lately because last i checked man united and arsenal were atop of the table. and i'm pretty disappointed in reading that a deal for dzeko is almost complete where he'd be going to man city for around 35 million. money can really buy you alot of things

I'm not sure how they are going to play Dzeko. Most of the time Man City play with just Tevez up front, although recently they have altered things and included Balotelli.

I'm not sure how they are going to play Dzeko. Most of the time Man City play with just Tevez up front, although recently they have altered things and included Balotelli.

they could play a 4-3-1-2 formation. where tevez plays more of a central forward position with balotelli and dzeko as strikers......but i still hope the deal for dzeko crumbles and he ends up going somewhere else like juventus.

Juventus To Hijack Manchester City Move For Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko - Report

Juventus respond to Manchester City's move for Edin Dzeko as they unveil their summer plan...

By Salvatore Landolina

Dec 30, 2010 10:42:00 AM

Juventus are calling on Wolfsburg to forget about selling striker Edin Dzeko to Manchester City, in the hope they can offer a smarter deal.

City have reportedly offered a deal totalling €35 million to gain German attention, but Tuttosport claims Juventus are ready to counter that with their own transfer scheme.

The Bianconeri have long been admirers of the 24-year-old Bosnian, and while they cannot sign him for January - having no space for non-EU players - Mohamed Sissoko will be offered in January as a deposit for June.

Wolfsburg are keen on the 25-year-old Mali midfielder and wanted him as part of the Diego move six months ago, but the Italians wouldn't budge.

Sissoko is no longer part of plans in Turin, making director Giuseppe Marotta able to push him towards the Bundesliga to then offer cash for Dzeko in the summer.

Juventus have made it clear they won't make any grandiose investments in January, but have left the door open for a Dzeko move in the future.

Reports in England though have claimed City are in advanced talks with the German club, and Roberto Mancini is pushing their buying power to guarantee Dzeko immediately, which could leave Juventus out of touch.

i just hope they can hold off man city until june

I know Juventus is a far more historic and prestigious club than Man City, and Dzeko would at least be guaranteed to start for them, but I think the lure of playing in an ultimately better league in the EPL coupled with the potential of Man City could draw him to England.