Kevin Towers hired as new D-backs GM

Puma

depends how much they want to pay him ...... they picked up a pretty big option this year to have him not play ..... unless there is little interest or tremendous loyalty I think webb is in a different jersey next year

now if he's throwing in that jersey, it's yet to be seen

he's had a couple decent bullpen sessions (which is pretty common over the past 18 months - they are usually followed by a setback.......) and they say he will get another this weekend

if that goes well he may be activated and throw out of the bullpen over the last couple of series

Great hire by AZ. It will be no time until the D'Backs are back to contending. I wish our GM/Baseball Operations Director had this intuition when it comes to pitchers. That is seemingly a weakness with Hill and Beinfest.

I wouldn't say it's a "weakness." Just a case of noticing all the bad moves, without realizing the amount of good moves they've made.

Great hire by AZ. It will be no time until the D'Backs are back to contending. I wish our GM/Baseball Operations Director had this intuition when it comes to pitchers. That is seemingly a weakness with Hill and Beinfest.

I wouldn't say it's a "weakness." Just a case of noticing all the bad moves, without realizing the amount of good moves they've made.

There's also a lot of variance. I'm not saying the Padres don't have good scouting, but there is a ton of variance with RP arms.

And Tim Stauffer was the 4th overall pick in the draft in 2003. He's finally having his 1st decent season as a 28-year-old (1.4+ WHIP last year). So it's not like they hit every time.