2010-2011 Miami Heat Season Thread

dim

STACKHOUSE!!

When Miller gets back we will be too good!

As of now we have

Chalmers/Arroyo

Wade

James

Bosh

Anthony

Bench

Haslem

Stackhouse

Arroyo/Chalmers

Jones

Big Z

House

Howard

Whoever we want, not to dress but that would include Pittman, butler and my guess is Beverly.

Then Miller comes back in January and we destroy even more.

Da'Sean Butler and Patrick Beverley cut.

Final roster looks like this

PG: Chalmers/Arroyo/House

SG: Wade/Miller/Stackhouse

SF: James/Jones

PF: Bosh/Haslem/Howard

C: Anthony/Ilgauskas/Pittman/Magloire

And the starting lineup tomorrow will be

PG: Arroyo

SG: Wade

SF: James

PF: Bosh

C: Anthony

This team played horribly, yet nearly won on the road against a team that got to Game 7 of the NBA Finals. They're going to be damn good.

Also, one funny thing tonight was when Big Z got an offensive rebound right in front of the hoop and never even looked up, just waiting to pass it. It was really weird and passive (no pun intended); anyone else remember that? So strange.....

I didn't feel either team was very sharp.

My perspective as a non-heat fan. Heat will be able to score in bunches. When LeBron is hot, he will dominate the ball. When Wade is hot, he will dominate the ball. Should score a lot in transition, kicking out a lot of passes to wing players for threes. I don't think they will have much of a half court offense as they have no low-post offense to speak of and will have a tough time against bigger teams.Quicker point guards will probably be a thorn in their back all year.

Heat should win a ton of games in during the season but may have problems with bigger, good defensive teams in the playoffs.

Good Wake up call, passing was awful, Wade showed he's still hurt and rusty from not playing in the preseason.

Miller and Chalmers could have been game changers if they were healthy, they'd spread the floor and not allow Boston to keep all their big men down low, giving Bron, Bosh and Wade room to drive and if they bite, House, Jones, Miller or Rio could have drained the shots.

Also, many shots didn't fall tonight for us which will change with time.

I didn't expect more then 67 wins but if we want to reach 60 we'll need to step it up until everyone is 100 %.

P.S. When will Stackhouse play?

Surprisingly, I actually somewhat liked what I saw tonight.

It was easy for LeBron because he was able to be his normal self by puttig up over 30.

D-Wade was rusty, which was expected. He still showed that he has his quickness and agility and everything else, it was just that he was shooting cold and he made some sloppy mistakes. Those could easily be fixed.

Bosh showed some good moves offensively and rebounded well, but I think the reason why he struggled so much tonight was because he is so used to getting his hands on the ball more. If he tries to get involved in the offense as much as possible, I think he can play at a much higher level.

I also liked what I saw from House, and I wouldn't mind starting Big Z at center instead of Anthony, especially when facing guys like Shaq. For some reason, Spoelstra decided to put Big Z in there whenever Shaq was getting a rest, which was one of the few aspects of the game that I didn't like.

I still say this team has a shot at winning 65-70 games.

Well, there goes my prediction of the Heat going 82-0...

I hope thye don't go 81-1. It'll drive alot of people insane (including me) knowing they were so close to a perfect season.:lol

About the 72 win thing. Does anybody remember that season for the Bulls(I'm sure Iowa does :shifty)? The must've clinched best record a month before the season ended. So why did they go full boar until the end of the season risking injury instead of putting it in cruise control and playing Jordan and Pippen just enough to keep the rust off? Everyone talks about the Heat breaking that but nobody explains why the Bulls did it when they didn't have to. I don't remember much about that season other than I think the Heat were the only team to beat them at home and just the Heat and Pacers were able to be competitive against them. Unless Orlando and Boston are gonna win 65+, I don't think it'll be anywhere close to necessary to try for 70. I can see them getting 60 but not 65.

‎1. They're playing a halfcourt game, which makes no sense.

2. The team needs Mike Miller back once the real basketball season (playoffs) start. The last time James Jones was good was back when he was at the U. He missed at least 3 wide open... 3's that Mike Miller is usually money on.

3. They were in the game with 46 seconds left despite playing like sh*t on the road to one of the best teams in the East/NBA.

4. The Big 3 played with each other for the first time tonight. D.Wade got 3 minutes in the preseason. He's obviously rusty.

5. Chris Bosh is a top 5 power forward. He's not going to score 8 points/8 rebounds on a nightly basis.

All in all, it's an irrelevant game that ppl are making a big deal out of. Most regular season games are irrelevant games. A lot of teams don't really care about the regular season; they're just trying to get better to be at their best once the playoffs start.