Cody Ross

GatorsfortheMarlins

"I've been in the twilight zone for the last month and a half or however long I've been here," Ross said. "I never thought I'd be in this situation celebrating. I'm so grateful for the Giants getting me over here, however it happened, I don't care. You dream of this as a kid.

"Who would have thought? I didn't even think the Marlins wouldn't pull me back [off waivers]. It was a surprise to everybody. The past is the past, I'm happy to be here and I'm enjoying the ride."

i still feel like he's a marlin :confused

"I've been in the twilight zone for the last month and a half or however long I've been here," Ross said. "I never thought I'd be in this situation celebrating. I'm so grateful for the Giants getting me over here, however it happened, I don't care. You dream of this as a kid.

"Who would have thought? I didn't even think the Marlins wouldn't pull me back [off waivers]. It was a surprise to everybody. The past is the past, I'm happy to be here and I'm enjoying the ride."

i still feel like he's a marlin :confused

Wish he was still a Marlin :confused

Nice that he's showing up the Giants, who picked him up on waivers mostly to prevent the Padres from getting him.

I like Cody, he's one of the brighter guys playing ball. He only resorts to "you know" during interviews about 10% as often as the average player, but he never fit into our long-term plans and he knew it, he's not ignorant, never mind what he says to the press.

That he was almost single-handedly responsible for the Giants getting to the NLCS is actually funny. He still swings at too much stuff he shouldn't, but he does have a knack for getting timely hits, so screw you, Bobby Cox.

:lol

So glad he has this chance because he is a great guy. Unfortunately many here didn't see his worth, and he is showing it now for everyone to see. Wish the Giants fans had taken over the chant because I would like to join them

CODY CODY CODY :thumbup

Since he was a fan favorite, I disagree, most did see his worth and appreciated his play and effort. We know he is not a superstar but a solid 20-25, 80-90 rbi guy. Nice to hear on MLB saying that Cody is one of the most liked players in the league.

So glad he has this chance because he is a great guy. Unfortunately many here didn't see his worth, and he is showing it now for everyone to see. Wish the Giants fans had taken over the chant because I would like to join them

I agree, and many on this board are those that underappreciated him. Just like they do with Dan Uggla.

I agree, and many on this board are those that underappreciated him. Just like they do with Dan Uggla.

A couple of key hits doesn't make him an above-average player. He's a great and classy guy who works his tail off, though, and it's pretty obvious that everyone here loves him.

And very few actively hated on Cody while he was here.

A couple of key hits doesn't make him an above-average player. He's a great and classy guy who works his tail off, though, and it's pretty obvious that everyone here loves him.

I can't think of a single person who hated on Cody while he was here, he's easily one of the most popular players in the history of the franchise.

There's a difference between not seeing his worth and understanding that he wasn't in the long term plans.

I love Cody. Everybody loved Cody. Very good player, better person. But we had guys like Morrison, Stanton, Coghlan, and Maybin who projected to fill in at the outfield positions. He didn't fit into the plans.

Obviously the Cody era didn't end the way we hoped it would (he's without a doubt worth way more than he was given away for), but in the end, Cody gets to finally be on a competitive team, and we get to let Maybin get his 3rd, 4th, 5th shot at being a competent major league center fielder.

Cody was probably the most popular non Superstar Marlin ever not named Alfredo Amezaga.

There's a difference between not seeing his worth and understanding that he wasn't in the long term plans.

I love Cody. Everybody loved Cody. Very good player, better person. But we had guys like Morrison, Stanton, Coghlan, and Maybin who projected to fill in at the outfield positions. He didn't fit into the plans.

Obviously the Cody era didn't end the way we hoped it would (he's without a doubt worth way more than he was given away for), but in the end, Cody gets to finally be on a competitive team, and we get to let Maybin get his 3rd, 4th, 5th shot at being a competent major league center fielder.

Cody was probably the most popular non Superstar Marlin ever not named Alfredo Amezaga.

Why did you have to go on and ruin such a great thread by mentioning Amezaga! I have been so happy lately not even thinking about him and his dumb dance. He would never measure up to the great Cody

Why did you have to go on and ruin such a great thread by mentioning Amezaga! I have been so happy lately not even thinking about him and his dumb dance. He would never measure up to the great Cody

Why don't you like Amezaga?

I didn't mind Amezaga as a utility player but when he was inserted in the starting lineup

and quite frankly overused it made me ill. I was embarassed to look at the lineup and see Amezaga

in CF and that we really had few other options...To be honest I actually would have prefered Abercrombie in CF than the daily dose of Pasta. That is an era I entirely prefer to forget

I can't think of a single person who hated on Cody while he was here, he's easily one of the most popular players in the history of the franchise.

I never said anyone hated on Cody, I just said underappreciated. He was just seen as totally expendable, like he was some oaf who was just taking up valuable space for some unproven minor league phenom who had yet to prove he can play in the Majors.

I never said anyone hated on Cody, I just said underappreciated. He was just seen as totally expendable, like he was some oaf who was just taking up valuable space for some unproven minor league phenom who had yet to prove he can play in the Majors.

I was more answering Mystikol, though everything you said happens to be fact. He was totally expendable, as sad as that is. I don't think anyone has called him anything like an oaf but it's just fact that he didn't have a place on this team anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.