Stern contemplating contracting the NBA to cut costs

heat84

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5715816

I hope they do it. They should've stopped after they added the Heat, Magic Hornets, and Timberwolves. Truth be told, they shouldn't have even added those teams. Scoring declined after those 4 teams were added. Though that's not the reason its being contemplated. Some people think its just a scare tactic by Stern towards the players union in the CBA negotiations. In any other business it would be a done deal. Even though Publix is highly profitable(as the NBA is as a whole) they still close stores periodically. How exactly does keeping a team around that loses money benefit the NBA anyway?

If they do do it, the Knicks are the first to go.:mischief:lol

What happens to the players of contracted teams? Are they(at least the ones actually good enough to play in the NBA) put on wavers? I can't think of a fairer way to do it. What happened to the Fusion and Sun(WNBA) players when those teams were contracted out of existance? Speaking of the WNBA why don't they do it away with that? Apparently the NBA is losing loads of money on the WNBA. Maybe the WNBA can be saved if the players dressed like this :shifty:

i'm pretty sure if it happened the players would be put in a pool and the existing teams would draft them or something along those lines. the teams i wouldn't mind seeing go would be the grizzlies, raptors, bobcats, and clippers. also even though i'm a kings fan they should move the team to seattle because that city deserves a team.

Raptors have a great fanbase.. can't see them getting contracted. It's too bad it is so hard for them to get players to sign their because they really do have good fans.

Kings would probably be the first to go.. possibly Memphis. Indiana has been in some trouble lately, which is really sad. Miami should be counting their lucky stars that Wade stayed if this is all true.

12 teams lost money last season: http://nba.fanhouse....ey-last-season/

Magic Johnson says it would be a good idea basically saying what I said. It would improve the quality of play : http://nba.fanhouse....mprove-the-nba/

Also in that article it said that the players union could actually keep this from happening. Are you effing kidding me! That's insane. A business is not profitable but the unions want to keep it open just so they can have jobs. This sounds like what happened in Detroit with the UAW and the big 3 automotive manufacturers. Somebody remind me what's good about unions. What's that proverb about becoming the evil you fight? That's what's happened to unions.

Raptors have a great fanbase.. can't see them getting contracted. It's too bad it is so hard for them to get players to sign their because they really do have good fans.

Kings would probably be the first to go.. possibly Memphis. Indiana has been in some trouble lately, which is really sad. Miami should be counting their lucky stars that Wade stayed if this is all true.

kings arent going anywhere except maybe relocating to another city. the kings are the next thunder, they'll be in the playoffs next season. wolves, hornets, grizzlies, and raptors are all in worst condition than the kings.

What city is capable of being NBA ready? I know its a lot easier than being MLB or NFL ready but still. California is a wreck economically.. specifically Sacramento. I'm going to assume their attendance is near the bottom, if not all the way at the bottom. Vegas makes sense though. As far as playoffs.. that's a different story. not so sure about that one.

I still fail to see why you put Toronto on this list. Like I said before, they have a great fanbase, just have a hard time attracting players to Toronto.