Marlins Home Series against the Mariners to be played in Seattle

I had a good laugh when I read this.

http://blogs.herald.com/random_evidence/2011/01/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-harps-idea-of-family-values-an-arkansas-based-chain-of-grocery-stores-called-harps-placed-a-family-shiel.html

What an awful tidbit.

"You want blame? Blame Bono (pictured) for needing way too much time for the concert's setup/rehearsal. Or blame stadium-owning Stephen Ross for thinking screw-the-Marlins and agreeing to the rock group's demands.

Read more: http://blogs.herald.com/random_evidence/2011/01/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-harps-idea-of-family-values-an-arkansas-based-chain-of-grocery-stores-called-harps-placed-a-family-shiel.html#ixzz1CHDFQJVl"

Yeah, blame Bono. When all else fails. Blame Bono. Because Bono directly talks to stadium managers and plans U2 events, calendars, and times. And he also decides how long it takes to set up the stage. He decides all of this. Not band manager Paul McGuinness, or some of the hundreds of employees hired to organize the U2 360 Concert. No, not them.

If it's anyone's fault, it's SunLife Stadium and co. for double booking.

Also, lol at the idea of Loria sending all of the fans as an 'opportunity'. More like an opportunity to lose multiple thousands of dollars.

When you consider the structures in the wrestling that move about from city to city, being assembled and taken down so frequently, then surely they could do the U2 'claw' given a few full days?

Also here's a question - in a few years, will stadium gigs in Miami remain at Sun Life stadium where crowds can be huge, or will the Marlins new ballpark attract major gigs due to the trendy setting and modern facilities?

U2 is doing all of this because they've taken a step away from indoor events (max 25,000 occupancy).

So in short, no, I doubt they'll be going to the Marlins new ballpark, especially because it's a ballpark with an uneven setting (minimal outfield seating).

Also, the Marlins whole setup needs to be removed (left field, the walls, the baseball left and right field polls, etc.

And that stage setup for U2 takes about 2 days, and is far, far bigger than any wrestling setup. And it's incredibly hard to put together because they need to put it up piece by piece, none of that fits in the stadium whole.

When you consider the structures in the wrestling that move about from city to city, being assembled and taken down so frequently, then surely they could do the U2 'claw' given a few full days?

Also here's a question - in a few years, will stadium gigs in Miami remain at Sun Life stadium where crowds can be huge, or will the Marlins new ballpark attract major gigs due to the trendy setting and modern facilities?

U2 is doing all of this because they've taken a step away from indoor events (max 25,000 occupancy).

So in short, no, I doubt they'll be going to the Marlins new ballpark, especially because it's a ballpark with an uneven setting (minimal outfield seating).

Also, the Marlins whole setup needs to be removed (left field, the walls, the baseball left and right field polls, etc.

And that stage setup for U2 takes about 2 days, and is far, far bigger than any wrestling setup. And it's incredibly hard to put together because they need to put it up piece by piece, none of that fits in the stadium whole.

You can't hook it up to a helicopter and drop it in whole, or in bigger pieces?

Wasn't specifically meaning U2 in the Marlins new ballpark. I know they are far too big in terms of the size of stadiums they perform at to do it there. But I'm sure I read somewhere that there is hope to host some gigs at the new ballpark?

Wasn't specifically meaning U2 in the Marlins new ballpark. I know they are far too big in terms of the size of stadiums they perform at to do it there. But I'm sure I read somewhere that there is hope to host some gigs at the new ballpark?

I know what you're saying, but I thought you were referring to any of the big acts that have stepped up to Stadium gigs (AC/DC and Bon Jovi are also in a similar tour experience at the moment).

This means if you bought tickets to the Marlins home game you get into the U2 concert.

Haha yeah right do you know how expensive U2 tickets are?

Oh sure, I've been to a few. Always were one of my favorite bands.

I think I sold off a couple of my textbooks at college in order to afford tickets one year, :lol

I know what you're saying, but I thought you were referring to any of the big acts that have stepped up to Stadium gigs (AC/DC and Bon Jovi are also in a similar tour experience at the moment).

Ach I suppose I kinda was. Although other "stadium" acts would obviously be better suited due to using conventional stages that could be put in the outfield which would still allow a large crowd using most of the seating and also fans on the field.

The Marlins aren't the first to run into this scheduling nightmare, but the stage does indeed take about 3.5 days to set up.

http://scott-miller.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270335/21386614?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry21386614

The Marlins are just the only bitch to U2, or at least they're the only team who doesn't own their own stadium. Therefore, object to SunLife.

what the hell? why?

what is that f***ing thing?

i get the stage and the lights but... what?

Oh, and just to add on this:

The design is the largest stage display ever built for a concert, yet increases stadium capacity by 15-20% of a normal setup (because of the weird four legged design, so fans are just about everywhere).

This means if you bought tickets to the Marlins home game you get into the U2 concert.

Haha yeah right do you know how expensive U2 tickets are?

Oh sure, I've been to a few. Always were one of my favorite bands.

I think I sold off a couple of my textbooks at college in order to afford tickets one year, :lol

I should totally do that lol, cost me near $400 to pay for a ticket for myself and one for my sister for Christmas!

You can't hook it up to a helicopter and drop it in whole, or in bigger pieces?

I know I already made a point here but:

U2 360 setup = 200 tonnes. (200,000 kg)

Largest Helicopter Payload = apprx. 15,000 kg

Just so you could understand my comment, I hope you're kidding.

Ofcourse---lol. Why not have Wayne and Ross' ego drop the piece in. I'm sure they could handle the payload.

Ofcourse, I'm just pissed off because it's one more thing that makes our ownership look like a joke. Nevermind they have no control over any of this (they weren't even the ones who signed the lease).

The uneducated media is the only one to blame. Doyel, Wilbon, and others around the country spill dumb opinions (its their right) but refuse to research the facts. I respect Wilbons opinion, Doyels somewhat, but when there is a 75k stadium with 50k orange empty seats for the regular season they take a shot at our attendence. Never mind 25k will fill every other stadium up to 75% capacity.

The Seattle Mariners probably offered the most money for revenue gained for the Marlins games (considering it's also their team).

It's a matter of whoever made the decision (if there was a decision made by the Marlins at all) probably not trusting the fans.

Or, there could've been no choice because no offer was made to host the Marlins. I'm sure Tampa wants to avoid home games anyways.