12 Spring Training Games on TV

thefisherman

If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never sure what I get with blackout restrictions and all that.

Extra innings only covers the regular season, but if you have the Sports Pack from DirecTV with all the FSN's then you can see them.

:( I don't have that package but thanks for letting me know!

You could probably just subscribe to MLB TV for just spring training (or 30 days) and then cancel it. But you have to take into account whatever blackout restrictions that might apply.

I like that idea, especially considering I might be on campus during some of those days.

If you take this route make sure you cancel MLB TV the second you are done with it. They are constantly trying to auto-renew stuff. At least that's been my experience with them. Two seasons ago they tried to start charging me monthly subscription fees for the off-season because I could get access to their archives.

Just pay for the monthly rate (not the full season) and just plan to pay/watch for the one month.

You used to be able to just buy single games for like $2/game. Too bad they don't do that anymore. That would be great for spring training.

If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never show what I get with blackout restrictions and all that.

Extra innings only covers the regular season, but if you have the Sports Pack from DirecTV with all the FSN's then you can see them.

Not always, but most of the time. Even ST games sometimes are blackedout, and if it is a replay from earlier in the day, they are ALWAYS blackedout, except for our local guys games.

If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never show what I get with blackout restrictions and all that.

Not always, but most of the time. Even ST games sometimes are blackedout, and if it is a replay from earlier in the day, they are ALWAYS blackedout, except for our local guys games.

What about games being broadcasted on MLB Network? I think they said they're doing two games a day, any idea what their schedule for ST might be?

I don't think they have released it yet, and then I think they only make a decision which ones to carry a few days in advance. Remember most of those games, if not all, are just similicasts of the local broadcast team. If they have a NY team involved it usually is their announcers chosen. Of course if the Marlins are involved, we don't see MLB Network anyways, its blocked out on DirecTV.

What about games being broadcasted on MLB Network? I think they said they're doing two games a day, any idea what their schedule for ST might be?

I don't think they have released it yet, and then I think they only make a decision which ones to carry a few days in advance. Remember most of those games, if not all, are just similicasts of the local broadcast team. If they have a NY team involved it usually is their announcers chosen. Of course if the Marlins are involved, we don't see MLB Network anyways, its blocked out on DirecTV.

• 2 weeks later...

yes if us on mlb network it block but if you have sport pack with all foxsport network and other sport channel you be able see marlins games like if their play nyy on yes or nes,

yes if us on mlb network it block but if you have sport pack with all foxsport network and other sport channel you be able see marlins games like if their play nyy on yes or nes,

You could probably just subscribe to MLB TV for just spring training (or 30 days) and then cancel it. But you have to take into account whatever blackout restrictions that might apply.

I like that idea, especially considering I might be on campus during some of those days.

If you take this route make sure you cancel MLB TV the second you are done with it. They are constantly trying to auto-renew stuff. At least that's been my experience with them. Two seasons ago they tried to start charging me monthly subscription fees for the off-season because I could get access to their archives.

Just pay for the monthly rate (not the full season) and just plan to pay/watch for the one month.

You used to be able to just buy single games for like $2/game. Too bad they don't do that anymore. That would be great for spring training.

Also, make sure you just choose the monthly subscription, because I don't believe you'd get a refund for the rest of the season. And like was said, make sure you cancel immediately, because otherwise it will roll over and you'll be charged for the next month.

Also, make sure you just choose the monthly subscription, because I don't believe you'd get a refund for the rest of the season. And like was said, make sure you cancel immediately, because otherwise it will roll over and you'll be charged for the next month.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.