Most Memorable Marlins ST Game You Remember?

Italian Marlins Fan

My most memorable game was one I attended in 2009 where Ricky, Meyer and Nunez combined to throw a no-hitter against the Tigers. Others include watching Josh Beckett throwing his first professional pitch against the Royals in 2000 and watching Livan pitch against the Indians in 1996, a little over a year later he beats them in the World Series.

My most memorable game was one I attended in 2009 where Ricky, Meyer and Nunez combined to throw a no-hitter against the Tigers. Others include watching Josh Beckett throwing his first professional pitch against the Royals in 2000 and watching Livan pitch against the Indians in 1996, a little over a year later he beats them in the World Series.

It was when the Marlins used to have Spring Training at Space Coast Stadium in Melbourne (Viera). I was probably about 10 or 11. I don't even remember the opposing team. The only thing I really remember was the Marlins wearing those sweet teal mesh BP jerseys. Anyway, Kevin Millar had a walkoff base hit, and I was going crazy. It may have well been Game 7 of the World Series...

It was when the Marlins used to have Spring Training at Space Coast Stadium in Melbourne (Viera). I was probably about 10 or 11. I don't even remember the opposing team. The only thing I really remember was the Marlins wearing those sweet teal mesh BP jerseys. Anyway, Kevin Millar had a walkoff base hit, and I was going crazy. It may have well been Game 7 of the World Series...

Obviously Mike Stanton's 1st ST game.

/end thread

I actually saw Mike Stanton in Spring Training in 09. I moved up to behind home plate and watched him hit up close. Funny how he had 2 AB's that game I went to, and both were screaming line drives that a SS would usually get if the ball was hit normally, but because Giancarlo hit it the ball went too fast for him and they became singles.

I had no idea how big and tall he is. He's got a football players build more than a baseball players build (probably why he got a scholarship offer to play TE for USC).

Also talking to Lenny Harris was awesome. I've gone to like 3 spring training games, so I don't have as big a sample size as some other people on this board probably do.

I also saw a Robert Andino walk off home run. That was awesome.

Obviously Mike Stanton's 1st ST game.

/end thread

I actually saw Mike Stanton in Spring Training in 09. I moved up to behind home plate and watched him hit up close. Funny how he had 2 AB's that game I went to, and both were screaming line drives that a SS would usually get if the ball was hit normally, but because Giancarlo hit it the ball went too fast for him and they became singles.

I had no idea how big and tall he is. He's got a football players build more than a baseball players build (probably why he got a scholarship offer to play TE for USC).

Also talking to Lenny Harris was awesome. I've gone to like 3 spring training games, so I don't have as big a sample size as some other people on this board probably do.

I also saw a Robert Andino walk off home run. That was awesome.

3/16/07 - Mets @ Marlins

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=270316128&teams=new-york-mets-vs-florida-marlins

as far as i remember (i'm probably way off):

it started drizzling around the 3nd inning. i started talking to this guy from the DR (he had some hat with the flag on) in front of me. talking about Hanley Ramirez and whatever.

5th or 6th inning it starts raining hard. Mets go up by 4, dude leaves. I stick around, he says "good luck" and I say "thanks, but the Marlins will pull this off" or something to that effect.

Hanley gets a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 7th.

The Marlins get 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th and win 5-4.

My facts are probably skewed but I loved that game.

3/16/07 - Mets @ Marlins

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=270316128&teams=new-york-mets-vs-florida-marlins

as far as i remember (i'm probably way off):

it started drizzling around the 3nd inning. i started talking to this guy from the DR (he had some hat with the flag on) in front of me. talking about Hanley Ramirez and whatever.

5th or 6th inning it starts raining hard. Mets go up by 4, dude leaves. I stick around, he says "good luck" and I say "thanks, but the Marlins will pull this off" or something to that effect.

Hanley gets a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 7th.

The Marlins get 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th and win 5-4.

My facts are probably skewed but I loved that game.

Was that Livan game in Winter Haven and his first game right after defecting? If so, I was there too!!!! I was so jazzed bc I got his signature on the ticket stub right before he got on the team bus, I think I was probably one of the first Americans to get it (aside from Marlins officials on his contract) bc he didn't sign before the game. I remember he pitched that game w/ a toothpick.

The Ricky/Meyer/Nunez was an awesome game, partly bc I was w/ my dad, part the atmosphere (Lakeland is one of the last remaining enjoyable ST venues) and also the BP bomb Mikey hit out of the stadium into the parking lot.

My favorite all-time game though was the first ST game after the strike in 95, Marlins vs Dodgers in Dodgertown. My dad is a lifetime Dodgers fan, but never had been to camp there. We get there and Tommy Lasorda is sitting in his golf cart and waves at us as we drove by. We park right next to the gate (I think I counted a grand total of 100 people at the game), and Mike Piazza and Eric Karros walk right past the driver's side, w/ Piazza nodding at my dad. Get inside, my dad got everyone of the Dodgers we had cards for (including Raul Mondesi fresh off his ROY). I got to the Marlins bench (only Marlin fan there), ask Niner for his signature. He obliged and I thanked him. He looks me dead in the eye and says "No, thank you for coming out and supporting us." Got everyone else that was there I had cards for (Sheff, Colby, CJ, Arias, Alejandro Pena, Robby Nenn and others). Shot the breeze w/ Dustin Hermanson and Matt Mantei by the bullpen for about an hour during the game. Saw Hideo Nomo's first US appearance. Most surreal experience ever.

Are you going to ESPN The Weekend this year? Cal Ripken's comign again (I've never been able to get him), and Frank Thomas will be making an appearance (would love to get the Big hurt's auto). Should be fun, I'll be there every day like normal. Hope to see you there.

Was that Livan game in Winter Haven and his first game right after defecting? If so, I was there too!!!! I was so jazzed bc I got his signature on the ticket stub right before he got on the team bus, I think I was probably one of the first Americans to get it (aside from Marlins officials on his contract) bc he didn't sign before the game. I remember he pitched that game w/ a toothpick.

The Ricky/Meyer/Nunez was an awesome game, partly bc I was w/ my dad, part the atmosphere (Lakeland is one of the last remaining enjoyable ST venues) and also the BP bomb Mikey hit out of the stadium into the parking lot.

My favorite all-time game though was the first ST game after the strike in 95, Marlins vs Dodgers in Dodgertown. My dad is a lifetime Dodgers fan, but never had been to camp there. We get there and Tommy Lasorda is sitting in his golf cart and waves at us as we drove by. We park right next to the gate (I think I counted a grand total of 100 people at the game), and Mike Piazza and Eric Karros walk right past the driver's side, w/ Piazza nodding at my dad. Get inside, my dad got everyone of the Dodgers we had cards for (including Raul Mondesi fresh off his ROY). I got to the Marlins bench (only Marlin fan there), ask Niner for his signature. He obliged and I thanked him. He looks me dead in the eye and says "No, thank you for coming out and supporting us." Got everyone else that was there I had cards for (Sheff, Colby, CJ, Arias, Alejandro Pena, Robby Nenn and others). Shot the breeze w/ Dustin Hermanson and Matt Mantei by the bullpen for about an hour during the game. Saw Hideo Nomo's first US appearance. Most surreal experience ever.

Are you going to ESPN The Weekend this year? Cal Ripken's comign again (I've never been able to get him), and Frank Thomas will be making an appearance (would love to get the Big hurt's auto). Should be fun, I'll be there every day like normal. Hope to see you there.