I just realized something about Mike Stanton

OK, so the subject in question is 21 years old with 22 MLB home runs.

Let's say Stanton averages 40 home runs in a 19 year career, where he plays till the ripe old age of 40. He would hit 760 home runs in that time span. Add the 22 he currently has and...

782! I honestly just realized just how young he is (sounds weird, I know).

Also, by saying he averages 40 homers, it doesn't mean he'll be cranking 40 out as a 40 year old (though wouldn't surprise me). I bet Stanton can easily hit 50+ in a few seasons so that will balance out his possible injury time and "decline" as he gets older.

So what are the odds Stanton ends up being the All-Time Homerun King by the end of his career?

/yet another homer thread about Stanton

As much as I think Mike Stanton will be something special in MLB history... lets not get ahead of ourselves here. He hasn't even a full season under his belt and you're thinking about how he could be one of the greatest players of all time.

Must ... get ahead... of myself!

BEST

PLAYER

EVER!!!!

Given the choice of having a baseball signed by Hank Aaron or Barry Bonds, I'd take Hank Aaron's signature in a heartbeat (plus it will go great with my Willie Mays autograph)

Having said that, if I had to choose Hank Aaron's autograph vs. Mike Stanton's, I couldn't do it, I'd find a way to get both... :thumbup

Someday, I can see opposing ballparks having "Kryptonite Night" at the ballpark, giving out green rocks to the fans to try and mess up Mike (to no effect of course) :mischief

Stanton beats Oh and Aaron, and in both of their respective leagues.

Hank Aaron is not the all-time MLB home run leader.

Many people still believe Aaron to be the TRUE MLB HR King.

Those are what we call idiots.

hmm, it'd be interesting to know how the majority of baseball fans out there feel on this. I for one think Hank is the true HR king and am sure a lot of ppl out there agree!

hmm, it'd be interesting to know how the majority of baseball fans out there feel on this. I for one think Hank is the true HR king and am sure a lot of ppl out there agree!

Sadly, a poll hasn't been done in a long time.

The last time it was done was before Bonds broke the record, in early 2007. At the time it, the question of "who is the best HR hitter" was Aaron 36%, Ruth 33%, Bonds 8%. But then, when asked if the would consider Bonds the best off all-time after he broke the record, 34% said yes.

Eh. I feel Bonds is the true home run king, mostly because I'm 99% sure that Hank Aaron's record wasn't "legit", either. I mean, look at his numbers, specifically his last few years. Chances are, he was just as drugged up on HGH and steroids as Bonds, he just didn't live in a time where we tested for them.

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/02/hammerin_hank_a.html

An interesting read with some of his numbers in his later years (though possibly a bit "tin foil hat"ish)