4/15 Post Game

gizmo

Edwin's managing the last two games has been masterful, I don't understand how anyone could find fault with his moves. His substitution of Cousins for Stanton for defense probably won us the Braves game, as Stanton would not have caught up to Freeman's fly ball (I know he does this in all close and late games, but it's a good move and I haven't seen anyone praise him for it). He also didn't leave Nolasco and Vazquez in longer than necessary when it was clear they didn't have their best stuff. And today, a subtle move, in the sixth when faced with a pinch-hitting situation, he knew not to waste Dobbs in case a more critical at-bat presented itself later in the game which, sure enough, is exactly what happened.

Edwin gets five stars for his managing the last two games.

+1

I'm liking Edwin's managing more and more every day, I don't miss Fredi/Girardi at all.

Edwin's managing the last two games has been masterful, I don't understand how anyone could find fault with his moves. His substitution of Cousins for Stanton for defense probably won us the Braves game, as Stanton would not have caught up to Freeman's fly ball (I know he does this in all close and late games, but it's a good move and I haven't seen anyone praise him for it). He also didn't leave Nolasco and Vazquez in longer than necessary when it was clear they didn't have their best stuff. And today, a subtle move, in the sixth when faced with a pinch-hitting situation, he knew not to waste Dobbs in case a more critical at-bat presented itself later in the game which, sure enough, is exactly what happened.

Edwin gets five stars for his managing the last two games.

+1

I'm liking Edwin's managing more and more every day, I don't miss Fredi/Girardi at all.

Yep, and I dont think anything negative of Fredi, but Edwin's got things clicking real well right now... his moves just seem to be panning out real well. I like how simple Edwin can be, yet how intense he can be at just the right moments too. He doesn't over manage like LaRussa (nothing against Tony but that style isn't gonna work with every manager or team) and he doesnt under manage like Fredi.