4/19 Post Game

gizmo

Id like to know more about why he was pulled after 98 pitches too. JJ is our ace and should be capable to go another inning.

And JJ has been great and I expect him to keep this up. But the question with him is gonna be whether or not he can manage to not tail off come August. Part of it is because he throws so hard and really uses exclusively two pitches. Supposedly hes developed a curve? I think that could be great and he will finally manage to get over that late season hump.

Id like to know more about why he was pulled after 98 pitches too. JJ is our ace and should be capable to go another inning.

And JJ has been great and I expect him to keep this up. But the question with him is gonna be whether or not he can manage to not tail off come August. Part of it is because he throws so hard and really uses exclusively two pitches. Supposedly hes developed a curve? I think that could be great and he will finally manage to get over that late season hump.

his hook is looking wicked

can we just close the voting? JJ is spoiling us so bad that we keep expecting a perfect game from him everytime out. Soon teams may start putting kriptonite in the resin bag

I would, but someone voted for Bonifacio. IT'S STILL A TIGHT RACE

Didn't see the game, why was JJ pulled? Game log said he only had 98 pitches after 7 with a 6-0 lead, why not let him go the whole way and give the bullpen another night off?

6-0 game, great bull pen, and it's April. No more explanation needed. Keep that golden arm healthy.

You know, you're kinda answering the question you made in your first paragraph in your second.

After reading more about JJ's start I have come to the realization that I would like to marry him. I can deal with bigamy when JJ has allowed only 10 hits on the season and 3 ER in 27 IP.

Who are your other husbands? I don't have any single, lawschool, Marlins-fan friends you, unfortunately! That's what I get for going out-of-state, I guess.

You know, you're kinda answering the question you made in your first paragraph in your second.

Yeah, so wouldnt you want to get him in the habit of throwing more pitches? He, like almost all our starting pitchers, always seems to be on a strict pitch count. This doesnt condition them well for late in the season when we need them in games longer. I just dont see the harm in having him go out for the eighth and if he gives up a runner, just yank him. if he gets a couple of easy outs then thats better.

After reading more about JJ's start I have come to the realization that I would like to marry him. I can deal with bigamy when JJ has allowed only 10 hits on the season and 3 ER in 27 IP.

Who are your other husbands? I don't have any single, lawschool, Marlins-fan friends you, unfortunately! That's what I get for going out-of-state, I guess.

LOL I was referring to him being married. I'm ok with him having a wife if he continues to own hitters! =P

Ugh law school! I start in the Fall and I still haven't decided where!

How has your first year gone?

Yeah, so wouldnt you want to get him in the habit of throwing more pitches? He, like almost all our starting pitchers, always seems to be on a strict pitch count. This doesnt condition them well for late in the season when we need them in games longer. I just dont see the harm in having him go out for the eighth and if he gives up a runner, just yank him. if he gets a couple of easy outs then thats better.

If it would have been a close game he would have stayed in. But the pen had a day off yesterday, the Pirates aren't exactly a hitting machine, and we want to keep our ace healthy. Not to mention, Sunday he has a tough match-up against a very tough team. It was the right decision.

Does JJ have a chance at a 5 win month? :o That would be amazing especially considering the fact that he had the one no-decision against the Nationals. Does he have 2 more starts this month or will his start after next be on like May 1st?

Looks like he gets another start after the Rockies. At the Reds. That's a pretty tough way to get to 5 wins. I don't know who he matches up against in Cincy, but he and the team have their hands full this Sunday. Gonna be a great game to be at.

Does JJ have a chance at a 5 win month? :o That would be amazing especially considering the fact that he had the one no-decision against the Nationals. Does he have 2 more starts this month or will his start after next be on like May 1st?

Looks like he gets another start after the Rockies. At the Reds. That's a pretty tough way to get to 5 wins. I don't know who he matches up against in Cincy, but he and the team have their hands full this Sunday. Gonna be a great game to be at.

Assuming no postponements or injuries, the way things are set right now, it will be JJ v Jimenez and JJ v either Wood or LeCure