4/25 POST GAME!

gizmo

Still early but Edwin is making a case for staying manager next year.

What would our record be if Fredi had this same roster to manage? Notice the Braves record with Fredi (11 - 12)

Every study done has shown that even the best managers will only have a minimal impact on wins and loses. Fredi and Edwin essentially had identical records with the same team last year. We did not win because of some mastery from Edwin, we won because Bonifacio laid off a high fastball and the Dodgers had issues fielding.

always nice to steal one of these type games early in the year.

Gotta love that this team is bringing the 3-year, 50-post posters out of the woodwork! The bandwagon still has plenty of seats, my friend!

lol. hey now my post count here is weak but ive been a marlin since charlie hough took the mound!

always nice to steal one of these type games early in the year.

Gotta love that this team is bringing the 3-year, 50-post posters out of the woodwork! The bandwagon still has plenty of seats, my friend!

lol. hey now my post count here is weak but ive been a marlin since charlie hough took the mound!

That would be twenty years before the Marlins started at least ;)

Like a few others have mentioned thus far, for me the game was won when Bonifacio took that high outside heater for a ball on a 3-2 count. We ALL know that 80% of the time, he swings and misses at that pitch, but he was magically able to pick it up and lay off it.

Also, that ball Infante hit was scorched, but should've been caught in left.

All in all, amazing game. Love Hanley's clutch hit there in the 9th to keep us alive. Hopefully it's the start of a nice streak for him (hopefully enough of a streak to get him over the Mendoza line :lol).

Also, I figured out something. Last time I ever said "This game is over" during an at bat in the ninth in a game thread was when Donnie Murphy came up to bat and hit a walk off 2 run home run last year. I did it during this game thread, and look what happens.

:D

Also, I figured out something. Last time I ever said "This game is over" during an at bat in the ninth in a game thread was when Donnie Murphy came up to bat and hit a walk off 2 run home run last year. I did it during this game thread, and look what happens.

:D

Maybe it only happens if you aren't trying to be good luck.

Need to go better than 7-33 to avoid that 20-40 start!

In all seriousness a great game which I thought was lost for sure. Hopefully this is the beginning of good things from Hanley. The approach he took in the 9th is exactly what usually gets him out of slumps. Impressed with how much Boni has improved at the plate since 09 although his LF play has been questionable. Cogs back to 09 form? Great win and needed with Volstad going up against Kershaw tomorrow.

Dunn needs breaks because he has some control problems and really isn't even all that experienced, pitching. He was a former outfielder not so long ago...not sure if that plays a part. Yesterday, it took him 15 pitches to get his one K.

Webb is more efficient.

With that said, I didn't like the way Webb was used tonight. Nolasco had a better shot of getting some K's in that situation, and he was only at 94 pitches.

Webb is better when he gets to start an inning with no one on, or when he's coming in to pitch in a situation to get a double play; he's not a strikeout guy.

So I totally fell asleep not thinking the Marlins had a game tonight I woke up at about 11pm turned on ESPN and saw "Dramatic Finish" in the Sportscenter line so I stayed around to see the Marlins and Dodgers, I was like I hope the dramatic finish is a Marlins win... epicness, and Hanley! and Infante. Really liking what I heard during the post game from Hanley as well he was very professional and respectable, great to see makes me love this team even more. Great win!