Your League Leader in Saves...

It's become rather obvious that I don't like the idea of committing money to a reliever unless he's proven to be elite, but keeping Leo looks like the best move the front office made this past offseason.

I hope he can continue his success as it really defines the roles of all the other guys in the bullpen, as well.

With that said, I really wonder what the Marlins have planned for him after this season. He's a free agent the year after next, and he'll obviously be making more money next year in his last year of arbritration. Assuming he continues to get a lot of saves, that really increases his trade value. We could get a couple of promising prospects for him after the year, if he can keep this up.

The team currently has nothing in terms of SP prospects in the minors (at least not anytime soon).

And while Mike Dunn has his control issues at times, he's very similar to Carlos Marmol, in terms of how untouchable he is. I think Dunn is fully capable of closing one day; considering we got him for Dan Uggla, I would guess that was the plan all along.

It would suck because I also like the two lefties in middle relief (Dunn/Choate), but then again, another lefty can be signed (just like Choate was signed) if that were to happen.

It's really a great dilemma to have, right now; a win-win situation.

It's worth noting that Jose Ceda, Steve Cishek, Jhan Marinez, Chris Hatcher, Sandy Rosario, Dan Jennings, and Dustin Richardson are all doing well in the minors. The majority of those guys have some impressive K/9 #'s really showing their potential.

This doesn't even include a guy like Buente who might just be a reliever, when it's all said and done.

We're loaded with bullpen depth.

It's worth noting that Jose Ceda, Steve Cishek, Jhan Marinez, Chris Hatcher, Sandy Rosario, Dan Jennings, and Dustin Richardson are all doing well in the minors. The majority of those guys have some impressive K/9 #'s really showing their potential.

This doesn't even include a guy like Buente who might just be a reliever, when it's all said and done.

We're loaded with bullpen depth.

Excuse me?

I don't see how that was hard to understand.

It wasn't, I was saying that cause... well, that's the first time I've ever heard it.

It's been an organizational strength since the many trades/moves the team made in the offseason.

We are so weak with starting pitchers. This was shown on Sunday. We need to trade Leo at the the end of this season to replenish our system. We have others that could close. Or we can just trade for another starting pitcher also, etc. He's going to be traded.

That was the most pathetic thing I've seen. He just had to remind us of the real Leo I know and can't stand. What a joke.

Oh, please. I'm not the guy's biggest fan or anything, but three of the four hits were garbage.

This.

Bloop after bloop.