2011 Citrus Series

VS.

The series begins tonight at Sun Life Stadium in Miami. Anibal Sanchez will face off against Andy Sonnanstine. Who will win the 2011 Citrus Series?

TONIGHTS LINE-UPS

RAYS

• John Jaso, C
  • Ben Zobrist, 2B
  • Johnny Damon, LF
  • Evan Longoria, 3B
  • Matt Joyce, RF
  • BJ Upton, CF
  • Casey Kotchman, 1B
  • Elliot Johnson, SS
  • Andy Sonnanstine, P

MARLINS

• Chris Coghlan, CF
  • Hanley Ramirez, SS
  • Logan Morrison, LF
  • Gaby Sanchez, 1B
  • Greg Dobbs, 3B
  • Mike Stanton, RF
  • John Buck, C
  • Omar Infante, 2B
  • Anibal Sanchez, P

Based on the pitching matchups, the Marlins should win 2 of 3 in this series.

Too bad the games are won on the field and not pre-determined by the pitching matchups. Maybe Javy Vazquez can throw six shutout innings tomorrow? If Casey Coleman can do it, why not Javy? :lol

LOL at the Marlins fans thinking they can get to Price and Shields.

The guy on the mound for the Marlins on Sunday is better than James Shields.

I'm sorry, how many CGs in a row does JJ have?

What an arbitrary thing to pretend to measure it by. Especially when your number is TWO.

There is NO way you think James Shields, of all people, is better at baseball than Josh Johnson.

What an arbitrary thing to pretend to measure it by. Especially when your number is TWO.

There is NO way you think James Shields, of all people, is better at baseball than Josh Johnson.

Career wise, probably not, but thus far this season, I would argue he's been at least as good.

Career wise, probably not, but thus far this season, I would argue he's been at least as good.

This season is still very young. But noone said that James hasn't had as good a season or has had a worse career, we said that our pitcher is better than your pitcher.

And that's because our pitcher is better at baseball than yours is.

And you'd be wrong.

James Shields season ERA (minus his one bad start against the White Sox) is 1.75 (counting that bad start his ERA is 2.26) while Josh Johnson's season ERA is 1.65. Seems like a pretty even match up. But yes career wise, Josh Johnson in better.

Oh, I see.

Lets take away Josh Johnson's worst start; I wonder what his ERA is, in that case. :lol

James Shields season ERA (minus his one bad start against the White Sox) is 1.75 (counting that bad start his ERA is 2.26) while Josh Johnson's season ERA is 1.65. Seems like a pretty even match up. But yes career wise, Josh Johnson in better.

You can't just skew the numbers like that.

If you want to play that game, take out JJ's 5 run start against St. Louis and JJ's ERA is around 0.80

JJ is still one of the top 3 pitchers in major league baseball right now. James Shields doesn't hold that distinction.

Based on the pitching matchups, the Marlins should win 2 of 3 in this series.

Too bad the games are won on the field and not pre-determined by the pitching matchups. Maybe Javy Vazquez can throw six shutout innings tomorrow? If Casey Coleman can do it, why not Javy? :lol

Dude.

Javy's going all 9. Don't be ridiculous.