American commentators on Football(Soccer)

Matty

They are bad. The things they come out with are crazy, unrelated and just odd.

they shout random things like 'he released Beckham'. What?

Heres a funny thing one of our biggest shows Soccer AM used to do. When a team called Boston United were in the league they would have fun with it seen as they have the American name.

Here is an example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMgxF3dDZHw

Noone has any idea what you're talking about.

1) Because noone watches Soccer on TV here outside the World Cup.

2) Because all of our "top" soccer announcers are foreign.

There are plenty of people who watch foreign soccer on Fox Soccer and Gol TV.

The announcers on those channels are great. They have a real way with words. They make a lot American sports announcers seam dim and uncreative.

Noone has any idea what you're talking about.

1) Because noone watches Soccer on TV here outside the World Cup.

2) Because all of our "top" soccer announcers are foreign.

There are plenty of people who watch foreign soccer on Fox Soccer and Gol TV.

The announcers on those channels are great. They have a real way with words. They make a lot American sports announcers seam dim and uncreative.

Define "plenty".

And obviously, I was over generalizing. But still, who are these American commentators he's talking about?

I also hate that man too. He was hilarious when a great goal is scored..... 'OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU BEAUUUUUUUUUUTY, WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT'

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSwilt4kfFM

Guess I should explain the context. Liverpool needed to score a 3rd goal to make it to the next round of the Champions League. They went on to win the competition (their 5th) in a crazy final in Istanbul where they were 3-0 down, got it back to 3-3 and they won on penalties.

I do love FIFA and the commentary, but when you're losing you always take it out on Andy Gray and not Martin Tyler.

Gary Neville is taking his place i believe, that will be interesting. Can he get more biased than Ray Wilkins?

I do love FIFA and the commentary, but when you're losing you always take it out on Andy Gray and not Martin Tyler.

Gary Neville is taking his place i believe, that will be interesting. Can he get more biased than Ray Wilkins?

That should be terrible. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never done any kind of commentary, right?

Damn it! Are they really changing the commentators for FIFA?

Neville is pretty good at soccer, but I doubt he's any good at commentating

Andy Gray was involved in a sexism controversy and was sacked from Sky Sports so as a result EA Sports wont be using his voice for FIFA.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though I don't speak Spanish, the calls by the Spanish commentators when someone scores a goal sound awesome. I can't picture any American Commentator coming close to calling a Soccer er football game like the foreign ones do. Its a whole 'nother level. Maybe Tommy.:p

Maybe its just the accents that make the foreign ones sound better.

• 2 weeks later...