Final Pitch at Sun Life?

Just came across something that reminded me that the Mets had Tom Seaver throw out the final pitch at Shea Stadium to Mike Piazza at the end of the final game of 08... Do you think the Marlins might try something like this after the last game at Sun Life? And even if they dont, in a dream scenario... who might you guys like to see do this honor if it was actually done?

I believe the Mets marketed theirs as their best pitcher ever throwing the final pitch to their best hitter ever, who just so happened to be a catcher.

So, if the Fish did this, who gets the honors?

Hough and Santiago?

JJ to Conine?

Beckett and Pudge? Livan and CJ?

The guy asks a legitimate question and these are the replys he gets??

Maybe Uncle Charlie to Santiago. I don't think Hough is coaching right now. Think he is an adviser someplace. And Bennie lives in the area. So both could be free to do it.

It's not a bad idea either. They could both go out and tear down that final number, too.

They did Charlie to Santiago at the groundbreaking, so that wouldn't be ...well you know groundbreaking?!?!

I like the Livan to CJ suggestion or maybe even Beckett to Pudge, the problem with those is three of those players are active.

If we want to remember the 1993 team then you have Bryan Harvey throw out the first pitch or some combination with Niner and Sheff.

Hough and Santiago, old school

its going to be a sad day....all those memorires watching them on tv

One of the biggest regular season memory that stands out for some reason is when pitcher Chris hammond got a home run, anyone else remember that?

Oh damn I do remember that Hammond homer! It was the first pitcher hitting a home run I ever saw and anytime a pitcher hits one now, thats the moment I always remember. Glad to see someone else remembers it.

As for my original question, the humorous answers all made me laugh, especially Volstad to Morgan... and I think Hough to Santiago would be great but I do love the better idea of Leo to Buck to end the World Series. Lets do that one!

Just came across something that reminded me that the Mets had Tom Seaver throw out the final pitch at Shea Stadium to Mike Piazza at the end of the final game of 08... Do you think the Marlins might try something like this after the last game at Sun Life? And even if they dont, in a dream scenario... who might you guys like to see do this honor if it was actually done?

I believe the Mets marketed theirs as their best pitcher ever throwing the final pitch to their best hitter ever, who just so happened to be a catcher.

So, if the Fish did this, who gets the honors?

Hough and Santiago?

JJ to Conine?

Beckett and Pudge? Livan and CJ?

Fans of both obviously as they are in my jersey sig, would love to see CJ back.

They did Charlie to Santiago at the groundbreaking, so that wouldn't be ...well you know groundbreaking?!?!I like the Livan to CJ suggestion or maybe even Beckett to Pudge, the problem with those is three of those players are active.

If we want to remember the 1993 team then you have Bryan Harvey throw out the first pitch or some combination with Niner and Sheff.

Yea, I thought of that, too. But it just seems so fitting, ya know? But then Harvey to 9er would work. Which brings up a totally off topic question....Where's "Little" Harvey at right now?

They did Charlie to Santiago at the groundbreaking, so that wouldn't be ...well you know groundbreaking?!?!I like the Livan to CJ suggestion or maybe even Beckett to Pudge, the problem with those is three of those players are active.

Yea, I thought of that, too. But it just seems so fitting, ya know? But then Harvey to 9er would work. Which brings up a totally off topic question....Where's "Little" Harvey at right now?

Kris is back in Jupiter this season after pitching all of last season in Jacksonville

One of the biggest regular season memory that stands out for some reason is when pitcher Chris hammond got a home run, anyone else remember that?

He hit that right to my seat - except I had moved behind the plate because the game was dead. Should have kept my ass in my season tix seat.

The guy asks a legitimate question and these are the replys he gets??

You can criticize 'em when you learn to spell it.

Didn't know I needed the grammar/spelling cop's permission.

Oh, wait. I don't.

It's adorable how you aware so utterly unaware of the irony of your responses.