Scout Cousins

Sirspud

Why is he still on this roster? I know, he's not losing games single handedly for us, heck, he's hardly even a factor, but I wonder why this team can't find somebody just a bit more capable of actually contributing. He's never been special at the minor league level, and he's not going to get better just getting sporadic at bats up here. It's not very common that you see a team carry a young player who isn't playing regularly and isn't contributing when he does play.

I think it would be better to send him down for a bit. My reasoning is that if he really is receiving death threats, then his mental state will be not what is needed for contributing at the big league level. Once the storm eventually calms down, then give him another shot.

I think it would be better to send him down for a bit. My reasoning is that if he really is receiving death threats, then his mental state will be not what is needed for contributing at the big league level. Once the storm eventually calms down, then give him another shot.

This is a pretty good point. But there were quite a few, me included, that were wondering about this before this incident happened. Now I gotta wonder if he is being kept up here because of the incident. Like the top brass are concerned what kind of "grapevine, sportsboards, fan response" would be if they did send him down right now. Maybe they feel it is better to wait til things cool down a bit more.

Why is he still on this roster? I know, he's not losing games single handedly for us, heck, he's hardly even a factor, but I wonder why this team can't find somebody just a bit more capable of actually contributing. He's never been special at the minor league level, and he's not going to get better just getting sporadic at bats up here. It's not very common that you see a team carry a young player who isn't playing regularly and isn't contributing when he does play.

Seriously though, we don't have a better option.

Unless if you think Bryan Petersen is a better option.

I know we don't have a better option. And I find that sad.

Awesome, so you knew the answer before the thread was started.

Seriously though, we don't have a better option.

Unless if you think Bryan Petersen is a better option.

I know we don't have a better option. And I find that sad.

Awesome, so you knew the answer before the thread was started.

Actually, I think the real answer is to bring somebody else in through waivers. We're not gonna find an all-star, but perhaps somebody who can help out this club.

Guest Guest

Bill Hall was just released. Astros fans are probably rejoicing, but I think he would be an improvement over Cousins and would be better off the bench than Wes Helms would be. Of course Helms isn't going anywhere and when Baker is healthy he will probably take over Cousins' spot.

Bill Hall was just released. Astros fans are probably rejoicing, but I think he would be an improvement over Cousins and would be better off the bench than Wes Helms would be. Of course Helms isn't going anywhere and when Baker is healthy he will probably take over Cousins' spot.

He had a .341 BABIP to go with his .224. Amazingly enough, he was probably lucky to just be as bad as he was, and he's a terrible defender. I'd say he's arguably worse than Helms or Cousins, even.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.