6/11 Post Game

gizmo

Vazquez sucks, and should be released. Like I said in the game thread, it's tough to expect a win streak from this team when you see who is slated to pitch and all you hear is "Oh sh*t it's Vazquez/Volstad!!!" Hopefully some good pitching can be had on the market going into the new stadium next year.

And someone needs to punch Coghlan in the face everytime he comes up late in the game and makes an out on the first pitch

Sorry about not starting the Game thread. I was not home.

Vasquez should be released when JJ returns. Hand can take his spot. Bonifacio should be our leadoff hitter, not Coghlan. He's hot right now so we should take advantage.

Also, and I know this has nothing to do with the Marlins, the Red Sox are on fire.

Vazquez sucks, and should be released. Like I said in the game thread, it's tough to expect a win streak from this team when you see who is slated to pitch and all you hear is "Oh sh*t it's Vazquez/Volstad!!!" Hopefully some good pitching can be had on the market going into the new stadium next year.

And someone needs to punch Coghlan in the face everytime he comes up late in the game and makes an out on the first pitch

Dont put Volstad in the same sentence with Vasquez. Volstad has had 2 straight quality starts now and a no hitter into the 6th. Fangraphs has Volstad xFIP at 3.53 and Vasquez at 4.85 before tonights debacle. No comparison

Dont put Volstad in the same sentence with Vasquez. Volstad has had 2 straight quality starts now and a no hitter into the 6th. Fangraphs has Volstad xFIP at 3.53 and Vasquez at 4.85 before tonights debacle. No comparison

That is a small slice of a non-spectacular career.

Volstad is still not that good and if this team is serious about winning in a new ballpark, they should let him go after this year. If you read a lot of the forums on here you will see people making comments like, "Yeah, but we have Volstad pitching tomoirrow" in a not so cheerful tone.

No comparison is needed to know that the 2 "V"'s bring this rotation down no matter how different their stats are

CC started good but ended like he normally ends, still trying to figure out where the rookie of the year went.

Javier Vazquez isn't the answer or was he ever an answer.

He hasn't been able to get to the 6th inning in 5 of his last 10 starts, while only once was he able to keep a team off the board in his last 10 starts.

Not to mention he doesn't look like he is going to ever be able to get his ERA below 6.

I think we can deal with Volstad right now because he hasn't looked quite as horrid as Vazquez and he is starting to get a little deeper into games albeit falling apart late in games.

I wonder what this team is going to do about the starting pitching I suppose if Hand has a few more good starts he is going to be a part of the permanent rotation for the time being.

I want Bedard form Seattle, next year.

He has number "2" type stuff, injuries have been a problem though.

CC started good but ended like he normally ends, still trying to figure out where the rookie of the year went.

He hasn't been able to get to the 6th inning in 5 of his last 10 starts, while only once was he able to keep a team off the board in his last 10 starts.

Not to mention he doesn't look like he is going to ever be able to get his ERA below 6.

I think we can deal with Volstad right now because he hasn't looked quite as horrid as Vazquez and he is starting to get a little deeper into games albeit falling apart late in games.

I wonder what this team is going to do about the starting pitching I suppose if Hand has a few more good starts he is going to be a part of the permanent rotation for the time being.

I can't remember where I said this last week, but thinking the same thing if it doesn't cost too much to get him. In case Hand's stay isn't permanent, it would be nice to have a lefty in the rotation

I was sitting 2 rows away on the founders field and when coghlan did that in the 9th inning everyone went silent and i absolutely ripped him with every ounce of voice that i had.

two guys looked at me like wtf. one of them was that dude who always wears the black hat and jacket and the towel around his neck. dont know if you guys remember him.

anyway. really f***ing annoying game though it was cool to walk through the locker room, batting cage, and tunnel area to get to my seats.

I can't remember where I said this last week, but thinking the same thing if it doesn't cost too much to get him. In case Hand's stay isn't permanent, it would be nice to have a lefty in the rotation

And he's not just a "lefty" like Vazquez is at the end of his career, he actually has good stuff, and will win games for you. Most people know I'm a Mariners fan 2nd and I saw him live a few years ago and he is pretty impressive, especially if you are a team in contention, you know what your going to get with him. I think it would be a great move, and although great ideas by fans rarely pan out, let's compare what we have now to what we could have.

Javier Vazquez

Erik Bedard

Bedard is injury prone.

So is Josh Johnson.

Josh Johnson is one of the best pitchers in the game in his prime.

That's not the case with Bedard. Also, Bedard's history of injuries is far more serious than JJ's; aside from the one Tommy John, JJ's injuries aren't all that serious.

Volstad is still not that good and if this team is serious about winning in a new ballpark, they should let him go after this year. If you read a lot of the forums on here you will see people making comments like, "Yeah, but we have Volstad pitching tomoirrow" in a not so cheerful tone.

No comparison is needed to know that the 2 "V"'s bring this rotation down no matter how different their stats are

Well that should settle any debate around here. Everyone knows that the ones making those comments are so much smarter than the ones actually making the decisions for the team. And by "everyone" I mean the ones that are making the comments.

I was sitting 2 rows away on the founders field and when coghlan did that in the 9th inning everyone went silent and i absolutely ripped him with every ounce of voice that i had.

two guys looked at me like wtf. one of them was that dude who always wears the black hat and jacket and the towel around his neck. dont know if you guys remember him.

anyway. really f***ing annoying game though it was cool to walk through the locker room, batting cage, and tunnel area to get to my seats.

Heh what exactly did you scream at Coghlan? Hope he heard you.

The only positive I can take from this game is that the Marlins are back.... really it was Vazquez sucking it up and not so much the offense or bullpen faltering as a whole. Even though it was a loss, I didn't feel as I was watching the same un-inspired team that lost 8 in a row. If we win Sunday, my point will be generally proven. Does that make any sense?

The only positive I can take from this game is that the Marlins are back.... really it was Vazquez sucking it up and not so much the offense or bullpen faltering as a whole. Even though it was a loss, I didn't feel as I was watching the same un-inspired team that lost 8 in a row. If we win Sunday, my point will be generally proven. Does that make any sense?

Yeah I get you. The team didn't exactly quit, just ... well, when you score 5 runs and still get out-pitched then somethings wrong with the pitcher not the offense.

What a bomb by Stanton btw.