2011 NBA Off-season Thread

Dr Beinfest

But I am obsessed with the Heat. I want them to win so much just to shut up all the haters and people/media that dissect every single little word that Lebron and his teammates utter. I think it is a travesty the way Lebron's been treated. I want the Heat to win! Go HEAT!

But I am obsessed with the Heat. I want them to win so much just to shut up all the haters and people/media that dissect every single little word that Lebron and his teammates utter. I think it is a travesty the way Lebron's been treated. I want the Heat to win! Go HEAT!

they are hated because its deserved,,,,,,its what they wanted,,,,its what they got,,,,,,they win next year....riley will work magic

they were together 5 minutes and predicted 6 rings......and you asked why there are haters? if you talk the talk.......

Your second response right there shows how people that hate Lebron are just looking for anything to hate him so much that you decide to interpret his words in the worst possible way. When I heard that quote I thought he was saying, in essence, "life goes on." But yet people like you with huge v a g i n a s interpret differently.

Will be an interesting off season for the Bulls. Will they sign a scoring SG like Richardson or JR Smith? Will they trade for a SG using assets that gained value over the playoffs (Asik and Gibson)? Will they make an effort to trade for Howard using Noah/Gibson/Next years Charlotte 1st round pick/Bulls 1st/Miami 1st? Will be interesting.

I like JR Smith.. I hope the Bulls sign him and to make my wet dream complete, I hope they trade for Howard. Don't see the latter happening.. but its nice to think about.

Will be interesting to see who the Heat take tomorrow. My bet is they take a PG in case Chalmers leaves or to have a back up to Chalmers.

Hopefully they will reach a new CBA soon that will not be dramatically different from the current one. If so, I've heard that the Heat is probably going to go after Kenyon Martin. I think a starting line up of Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Martin with Haslem, Miller, Anthony, JJ (or House or both) and some back up point guard (draft or FA) off the bench is more than solid.

Will be interesting to see who the Heat take tomorrow. My bet is they take a PG in case Chalmers leaves or to have a back up to Chalmers.

Hopefully they will reach a new CBA soon that will not be dramatically different from the current one. If so, I've heard that the Heat is probably going to go after Kenyon Martin. I think a starting line up of Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Martin with Haslem, Miller, Anthony, JJ (or House or both) and some back up point guard (draft or FA) off the bench is more than solid.

Pretty sure it's gonna be Reggie Jackson. I like what I've seen of him and think he would fit with us very well.

And Kenyon Martin wouldn't be a very good fit.

Hoping Riley moves him for an extra second rounder.

Seriously? Big Z is likely to be a better short term player than an extra second rounder. Plus, I am not sure he could get a second round pick for Big Z.

The depth in this draft is impressive. Guys that would normally go late in the 1st round in most drafts are projected to go middle-late second round. There are going to be quite a few good rotation players coming out of picks 31-60.

Plus I'd rather have a young, hungry, athletic 22-year old over a slow 7'2" 36-year old perimeter shooting center who we didn't even play in the ECF and Finals.

I don't think we'd get a second rounder for him either but you never know when it comes to Riley, hes proven that time and time again.

Pretty sure it's gonna be Reggie Jackson. I like what I've seen of him and think he would fit with us very well.

Why wouldn't he be a very good fit? I am certain he's better than Joel Anthony, so it would be an upgrade without a doubt.

Why wouldn't he be a very good fit? I am certain he's better than Joel Anthony, so it would be an upgrade without a doubt.

Kenyon Martin's not a center. At all.

He's also never healthy. Backup power forward is not a need on this team, especially considering that C and PG are much bigger needs.

Also, Aaron Brooks was just tendered a qualifying offer, so the Suns can match any free agent offer made to him. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Yeah, I noticed that. Brooks might be off the table. The Heat will take a PG tonight and try to see what kind of value he gives us. I honestly like Chalmers as our starting PG. If he can progress a bit on his 3 point shot and work a bit more on his ball handling (thus a better assists to turnover ratio, which is a weakness for him now) then I think he can really produce for us. I know he was injured the first half of this season, so I think he is capable of putting up a solid 10 or so points per game with decent shooting (high 30% on 3s and 42-44% overall), playing good D, and protecting the ball. Honestly, that's all we need from our PG.

I'm not sold on the Norris Cole pick. Yeah he put up big time numbers but his shooting percentages aren't great and he played in a lower tier conference. He had one great rebounding year out of his 4 at Cleveland State -- I know he's a guard and that stat doesn't really matter but if you're gonna say he's a good rebounding guard I would like to see more than one year of proof.

He should be a good distributor and defender at the least.

Instant upgrade over Bibby but don't know if he is the long-term answer at PG.

Chalmers and Cole together should make for a nice combo though.

I'm not sold on the Norris Cole pick. Yeah he put up big time numbers but his shooting percentages aren't great and he played in a lower tier conference. He had one great rebounding year out of his 4 at Cleveland State -- I know he's a guard and that stat doesn't really matter but if you're gonna say he's a good rebounding guard I would like to see more than one year of proof.

He should be a good distributor and defender at the least.

Instant upgrade over Bibby but don't know if he is the long-term answer at PG.

Chalmers and Cole together should make for a nice combo though.

Let's wait to see how the guy does at least in the pre-season before saying whether or not we think he's the long-term answer at PG. I actually think Norris will end up surprising people and giving us some quality minutes. I watched some videos and think he's more than solid. I noticed his D is very strong.

I like Mario Chalmers as our PG and would not be surprised if he ended up being the long-term answer if he cuts down his turnovers. With Norris Cole as his back up I think we would be decent at the PG position.

Now on to getting a respectable center.

Is that really what we would want for the playoffs, though? At this point I am not sure the regular season will mean much to the Heat other than to get home field advantage in the playoffs. I think we want someone we can throw out there for 30-35 minutes per game in the ECF or the Finals. Joel Anthony would be a good back up center with his athleticism and energy off the bench.