Coghlan optioned to AAA, Wise promoted

Admin

It did happen to our team. I mean, not nearly as often as to you guys, but it's happened.

From what I remember, there wasn't a HR robbing catch in Halladay's Perfect game, which is the par tof the game I'm talking about, nice try. :p

Shane Victorino made a great catch at the warning track against someone (one of our bench players last year, I honestly can't remember who) that would have broken it up in the bottom of the 9th inning.

EDIT: It was Mike Lamb

Yeah, but that wasn't going over a wall. Which is what I mean.

Why was Dustin Richardson DFA'd?

He was on the 40-man roster and we needed to make room for Wise.

I know; I'm just saying there has to be someone worse on the 40-man roster.

There is. Omar Poveda.

Why not give Bryan Petersen a shot? He's been hitting well in AAA, and is fairly young, and it wouldn't have caused us to waive Richardson since Petersen is already on the 40 man roster.

He's had shots.

Why was Dustin Richardson DFA'd?

He was on the 40-man roster and we needed to make room for Wise.

I know; I'm just saying there has to be someone worse on the 40-man roster.

There is. Omar Poveda.

He's next. And then they call up Cervenak. At least he hits lefties well and actually gets hit with RISP. No idea about his glove tho.

Why not give Bryan Petersen a shot? He's been hitting well in AAA, and is fairly young, and it wouldn't have caused us to waive Richardson since Petersen is already on the 40 man roster.

He's had shots.

So you are saying players don't improve in the minors?

I thought Peterson was going to get the call. But having a proven (at least defensively) CFer makes sense to replace a struggling CFer.

He's had shots.

Not a real shot, he could've been given the temporary starting gig ala Wise for a few games straight and see how he did. He has only served as a barely used PH in the Majors.

He's had shots.

Not a real shot, he could've been given the temporary starting gig ala Wise for a few games straight and see how he did. He has only served as a barely used PH in the Majors.

Agreed. Wise is only a stop gap while C C can figure things out in the minors. Petersen has put up good numbers all along the way in the minors. He is a fairly young guy with some up side. He has speed, is a good defender from what I have read, and has alot more pop than C C does. If he pans out, we have a better defensive outfielder (not that CC has been bad but Petersen has more range, probably a better arm) and we'll have more options when CC comes back up to the big club. If Petersen doesn't pan out we have nothing to lose. It's not like we can lose any more games right now than all of them.

He's had shots.

Agreed. Wise is only a stop gap while C C can figure things out in the minors. Petersen has put up good numbers all along the way in the minors. He is a fairly young guy with some up side. He has speed, is a good defender from what I have read, and has alot more pop than C C does. If he pans out, we have a better defensive outfielder (not that CC has been bad but Petersen has more range, probably a better arm) and we'll have more options when CC comes back up to the big club. If Petersen doesn't pan out we have nothing to lose. It's not like we can lose any more games right now than all of them.

I know most of us hate this word but maybe Wise is here for that veteran leadership to try and give these guys some help in busting out of this. Wise isnt gonna come here and walk with his head down during these struggles, he's just lucky to have a job these days. Petersen can come in and won't do a damn thing as far as leading these guys from a mental standpoint these days.

I know most of us hate this word but maybe Wise is here for that veteran leadership to try and give these guys some help in busting out of this. Wise isnt gonna come here and walk with his head down during these struggles, he's just lucky to have a job these days. Petersen can come in and won't do a damn thing as far as leading these guys from a mental standpoint these days.

Some validity to this. But a player dosen't just come in and exert leadership. It wouldn't go over good with the players that have been here all season. I know he was here in ST, but still..... Granted, some guys can do that. I just don't think Wise is one of those guys.

hmm, its gunna be interesting to see how quickly the interim coach will bring coghlan back up

Isn;t he required to stay down for a certain amount of time unless he's replacing an injured player?

Exactly, 10 days unless someone goes on the DL.

Should be noted that Coghlan has not even reported to New Orleans as of yet.

Take your time Chris, take your time. I think he just needs to get his confidence back up as well.

If he gets back into his groove and starts hitting at a .300+ clip (in the minors), I believe that will do wonders. Because by God, Chris Coghlan seems like the streakiest player on the face of the earth.

Take your time Chris, take your time. I think he just needs to get his confidence back up as well.

If he gets back into his groove and starts hitting at a .300+ clip (in the minors), I believe that will do wonders. Because by God, Chris Coghlan seems like the streakiest player on the face of the earth.

No, but that guy did play here the last few years. I believe he wore #12