This Really Annoys Me!

I dont understand why the commentators say that the Pitcher ......ie Cliff Lee is ''pitching a Gem'' or ''the Marlins just cant figure out Cliff Lee''

When in Fact,Its not that....Its just The Marlins are Terible, making him look good...this also goes for Bad Pitchers that we make look great!

I mean I could pitch to a 6 year old, and Wala! Im picthing a GEM!

Anyone else Catch on to this, makes me sick...

Man, he must face the Marlins a hell of a lot, because he's been pitching gems for years now.

well, Im just using Cliff lee as an example, but there have been times when the Pitch was right over the plate and they just went for the pitch and look so bad during their swing...I mean they dont even swing that bad in the minors? All the time the Commentators are just delusional to think the pitcher has good stuff going.

Iv just noticed it over the last couple of years

For a guy like Lee, who does this often, it is pitching a gem. Its almost an art form when a pitcher can make major league hitters look stupid at the plate. If Randy Choate goes out and pitches 9 shutout innings tomorrow against the Rays, then your point is valid. If its a proven winner like Cliff Lee making major league hitters look foolish, it is pitching a gem.

I dont understand why the commentators say that the Pitcher ......ie Cliff Lee is ''pitching a Gem'' or ''the Marlins just cant figure out Cliff Lee''

When in Fact,Its not that....Its just The Marlins are Terible, making him look good...this also goes for Bad Pitchers that we make look great!

I mean I could pitch to a 6 year old, and Wala! Im picthing a GEM!

Anyone else Catch on to this, makes me sick...

The Marlins like to make bad pitchers look good and good pitchers look great, even when they are struggling.

We see this case at least once a series.

This team makes me sick, they f***ing suck.

Having no starting pitching and an inconsistent offense with inconsistent players will be our downfall.

For a guy like Lee, who does this often, it is pitching a gem. Its almost an art form when a pitcher can make major league hitters look stupid at the plate. If Randy Choate goes out and pitches 9 shutout innings tomorrow against the Rays, then your point is valid. If its a proven winner like Cliff Lee making major league hitters look foolish, it is pitching a gem.

If a team has a lineup with 9 lefties in it, I'm all for Choate starting/finishing the game.

If a team has a lineup with 9 lefties in it, I'm all for Choate starting/finishing the game.

He'd pitch a perfect game almost.

He'd pitch a perfect game almost.

And when the opposing manager tries to throw in a right handed pinch hitter, Edwin moves him to the outfield, goes to the pen for one hitter then brings Choate right back in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.