Manager moving forward?

MiamiFan95

I guess I'm not opposed to sticking with McKeon for another season, but if we can get a young up and coming manager, well its pretty clear what the better option would be.

Any names that come to mind? BTW sorry if this topic has been discussed before, I scanned the first few pages and didn't see anything like it.

Guys, Leyland and Valentine are NOT Y O U N G. We tried Y O U N G with Fredi and Rodriguez and didn't get anywhere. Keeping McKeon would give some continuity as well as teach the young team what it means to play as a big leaguer, mature them by kicking aXX and tongue lashing. Look how many managers we have gone through the last few years. Every year the players have to adjust to someone different. My preference is keep McKeon.

I hope they don't seriously make another run at Valentine. As for Leyland he just signed an extension with Detroit, so I don't see him going anywhere. Guillen would kind of fit the bill in what the Marlins need he is experienced and he will demand performance from the players. While I like Jack's style I certainly can't see him as long term. A few of the managers I would like to see get an interviewed are Jerry Manuel, Bob Geren, Trey Hillman, Ken Macha and Jerry Narron, someone thats managed in the Majors and I see being able to be a long term solution.

who cares about a manager, what we need to do is get Hanley some psychological help, get a better conditioning coach, josh johnson being injured every year is unacceptable.

Success is contagious...If Hanley hits 320+ i bet you our whole line up will hit slightly better, and if Johnson is his usual self and stays healthy it will basically make the rest of the rotation pitch better.

We just need our two best players to do what they are supposed to do.

Also let's change our hitting Coach, let's go get Moises Alou as a hitting coach, i'm tired of all this bum ass hitting coaches, let's get a ex player.

Felipe Alou IMO is one of the best managers ever, I bet his son would be a great addition in any way possible to our team.

who cares about a manager, what we need to do is get Hanley some psychological help, get a better conditioning coach, josh johnson being injured every year is unacceptable.

Success is contagious...If Hanley hits 320+ i bet you our whole line up will hit slightly better, and if Johnson is his usual self and stays healthy it will basically make the rest of the rotation pitch better.

We just need our two best players to do what they are supposed to do.

Also let's change our hitting Coach, let's go get Moises Alou as a hitting coach, i'm tired of all this bum ass hitting coaches, let's get a ex player.

Felipe Alou IMO is one of the best managers ever, I bet his son would be a great addition in any way possible to our team.

I still don't understand the desire to have Ozzie Guillen be manager. Anybody who thinks that a 6-man rotation is a good idea shouldn't be considered fit to manage a little league team.

He's not a good manager. I'm sick of hearing his name.

Who said anything about impacting the game? The fish need someone to create a buzz heading in to the new stadium. Aside from Pujols and Fielder (who aren't coming here), the only person who can do that is Ozzie Guillen.

This isn't professional wrestling.

You don't hire a guy to help mold players and make important in game decisions just because he's going to drum up publicity. The Marlins don't need that. They need a consistently competitive team in order to rebuild trust in the fanbase. The stadium should help provide that. They don't need f***ing Ozzie Guillen.

Furthermore, there is enough drama in the clubhouse that has been contributing to negative perceptions of this organization (Morrison and Ramirez). The last thing this team needs is to suddenly throw Ozzie Guillen into the mix.

Who said anything about impacting the game? The fish need someone to create a buzz heading in to the new stadium. Aside from Pujols and Fielder (who aren't coming here), the only person who can do that is Ozzie Guillen.

You don't hire a guy to help mold players and make important in game decisions just because he's going to drum up publicity. The Marlins don't need that. They need a consistently competitive team in order to rebuild trust in the fanbase. The stadium should help provide that. They don't need f***ing Ozzie Guillen.

and that's your f***ing opinion

Furthermore, there is enough drama in the clubhouse that has been contributing to negative perceptions of this organization (Morrison and Ramirez). The last thing this team needs is to suddenly throw Ozzie Guillen into the mix.

I don't think the six-man rotation idea was terrible.

They had five capable starters at the time. When Peavy went down, Humber really stepped up and earned a spot in the rotation.

I also think it's pretty awesome how Ozzie has managed his bullpen this year. He doesn't seem to believe in the "he's my closer because he's my guy" crap. He's matched up in the 9th inning plenty of times this year, which is rather unique in this day and age.

The only thing I hate is that he'll probably be one of those managers who bunts in the first inning. His team has also been terrible in terms of efficiency on the bases this year.

and that's your f***ing opinion

Of course it is. Accounts don't usually get hacked around here, do they?

This is a message board. People have opinions on things. I don't see why it needs to be affirmed.

I don't think the six-man rotation idea was terrible.

They had five capable starters at the time. When Peavy went down, Humber really stepped up and earned a spot in the rotation.

I also think it's pretty awesome how Ozzie has managed his bullpen this year. He doesn't seem to believe in the "he's my closer because he's my guy" crap. He's matched up in the 9th inning plenty of times this year, which is rather unique in this day and age.

The only thing I hate is that he'll probably be one of those managers who bunts in the first inning. His team has also been terrible in terms of efficiency on the bases this year.

A lot of the issue with the 6 man rotation is that it's bad arm conditioning. It's too much rest and causes arms to atrophy. Some trainers have spoken out against it from the health and conditioning perspective. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-05-14/sports/ct-spt-0515-around-town--20110513_1_mike-marshall-mike-quade-athlete

On top of that you don't want to deprive some guys of 50 innings (or so) at the expense of others.

I know it's the AL, but it's also a poor move from a roster management perspective. Every game you have five arms that are off-limits (instead of 4), which makes it difficult to have a long-man ready when one of the starters doesn't have his act together one day.

Guillen doesn't have the "he's my guy" mentality this year because "his guy" left for Boston. Last season, Guillen was very protective of Jenks as he was blowing save after save and was reluctant to give Thorton a shot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.