2011-12 NFL Thread

It's fun...until the end of the season when we are 6-10 and don't have a shot at Barkley/Luck and are stuck with RG 3.

And what's wrong with RG3?

Not feeling good about him as a QB prospect. It's Luck/Barkley in the 1st tier and the others in the 2nd.

Also, feline aids is a great epidemic that is affecting America today.

It's fun...until the end of the season when we are 6-10 and don't have a shot at Barkley/Luck and are stuck with RG 3.

And what's wrong with RG3?

Who is RG3?

I already know what's gonna happen. The Dolphins are gonna finish with 5 or 6 wins and trade for Manning while the Colts draft Luck and reload. Then Manning will be Culpepper all over again next season.The curse will live on.

Caleb isn't a bad QB - if I were a Bears fan, I'd look forward to seeing what he can do.

As a Skins fan, I'm excited to see if we can draft Luck. Gotta root for Minny to win a few more though. If Indy is smart, they'll trade down their #1 pick.

Caleb Hannie is good, yea. I think if he can guide them to the playoffs, Cutler could be healthy enough to come back.

I really, really doubt the Colts trade down. I think most likely scenario is they release Manning and draft Luck.

It would be smarter to draft Luck and trade him for some team's whole draft or what ever he's worth(if they're not gonna keep him).

I just noticed the Dolphins have a positive scoring differential for the season(+7). They must be the worst team in NFL history to have a positive scoring differential this late in a season.

Well, trade or sign a free agent, I meant.

Anyway, they're not getting Luck and quite frankly, they might not even get Barkley.

I think some of the free agent QB's available can get the job done.

I've always thought that Jason Campbell was rather underrated.

I don't think Matt Flynn is a bad QB, although it's unknown obviously.

Thing is, if you draft a QB, you have to make sure he's the guy because if not you're just repeating the same cycle. Aside from Luck/Barkley, I don't see anyone who's all that special.

Also, the expectation is that this team would be set with a better QB next year, but that might not be correct. Even if it is correct, it's very rare for a rookie QB to come into the league and turn a franchise around as a rookie. Cam Newton's been one of the best rookie QB's in some time, and even he's had trouble turning that mess around this year/he's had his fair share of struggles, as well.

I don't think the Dolphins are as far as some people suggest from winning more. They don't need a star QB...just someone who's better than Henne.

There are other ways to improve the team, but they're probably going to have to draft a QB just for the sake of not getting killed by the fanbase, at this point.

Either way (just an example), the Dolphins can improve their secondary and become a truly elite defense/build an identity that way.

I agree. Barkley and Luck are probably not going to happen unless we manage a trade which I doubt.

But, there aren't many QB's available for us. I would not trade for Campbell or Flynn and hope they end up as QBs who can take us to the playoffs.

My ideal scenario would be to sign Manning if he is released, and then draft Jones/Griffin/Tannehil and let them sit behind Manning. If that isn't possible, then engineer a trade to move up and select Barkley. If that isn't possible, I would be willing to draft Weeden in the first.

I agree. Barkley and Luck are probably not going to happen unless we manage a trade which I doubt.

But, there aren't many QB's available for us. I would not trade for Campbell or Flynn and hope they end up as QBs who can take us to the playoffs.

My ideal scenario would be to sign Manning if he is released, and then draft Jones/Griffin/Tannehil and let them sit behind Manning. If that isn't possible, then engineer a trade to move up and select Barkley. If that isn't possible, I would be willing to draft Weeden in the first.

I mentioned them because they're free agents (at least, I'm pretty sure they are).

Also, regarding that, if someone's good he's good and sure that would be cool if he can make an immediate impact.

However, I would never draft a 28-year old QB in the first round.