Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

I LOVE THE LOGO!

But mightn't you obtain the hat sometime after November 11th?

It is not a question of might, but rather of will. I will buy it. Since I now cannot be the first person to buy the hat in the world (THANKS BUFFALO), I must settle for being the first in Miami.

I don't think people saying they like it or don't like it is the problem, its when they say it over and over again sometimes on the same page where it gets annoying. Those saying they like it have said it once, and left after the person who didn't says it again and proclaims it horrible.

Personally, I like the differing opinions, t's good for the team to finally get a rise out of some of the bandwagon fans. But I don't see a need to say it over and over again how it's bad (or good). Say it once, then add something to the conversation the next time you write something.

Woh, wait, we still have bandwagon fans? When did this happen?

And, of course, people who actually like the stuff have been doing the same thing, so I don't see what you are bitching about.

You took the words right out of my mouth in responding to Piazza. There are just as many people in this thread repeatedly expressing their extreme approval as those expressing their extreme disapproval. Somehow, though, it's ok for those who like it to say they'll buy the hat in a heartbeat or that they love it, but those of us who think it's a dud are to remain silent? That's not the way America works.

I don't think people saying they like it or don't like it is the problem, its when they say it over and over again sometimes on the same page where it gets annoying. Those saying they like it have said it once, and left after the person who didn't says it again and proclaims it horrible.

Personally, I like the differing opinions, it's good for the team to finally get a rise out of some of the bandwagon fans. But I don't see a need to say it over and over again how it's bad (or good). Say it once, then add something to the conversation the next time you write something.

You own jerseys and hats from rival teams and you're talking about bandwagon fans? lol

Would be funny if what is revealed on the 11th is completely different from this. Would probably make the few that actually like it feel really stupid.

Why?

"Just kidding! You guys didn't really think we'd use THAT, did you?"

I still don't get it.

If train A leaves station A at 80 mph and train B leaves station B at 95 mph...

Would be funny if what is revealed on the 11th is completely different from this. Would probably make the few that actually like it feel really stupid.

Why?

"Just kidding! You guys didn't really think we'd use THAT, did you?"

I still don't get it.

If train A leaves station A at 80 mph and train B leaves station B at 95 mph...

Go on...

First, you're really taking internet message board comments way too seriously. This would be a fair stop for an Internet: Serious Business meme.

Second, it's possible to be a whiner for other reasons simply beyond not liking the new uniforms. Whether or not people ITT have risen to that standard is a separate question; I personally think that 1 or 2 posters have, but that's not my point.

I also don't know from where you derived your sociological definition and analysis of "whiner" behavior. Nonetheless, opting to not purchase something seems like pretty passive-aggressive behavior, as per your own analysis.

Finally, I think your idea of a rebranding that would have stayed fairly true to the old identity is an interesting idea, and you are certainly right that revenue will ultimately be the deciding factor on whether this was a good decision.

I'm fully aware I'm taking this whole thing too seriously. I, like most of the people on this board, have a lot of passion for this team. While I'm a pretty even-tempered guy, I get really fired up for the things I care about: my family, group insurance and Marlins baseball.

The passive aggressive approach would be to sit here and complain and expect things to change just because I'm upset, or to complain but end up purchasing the new stuff anyways. No, I prefer an assertive approach: as a customer, informing the business I'm not happy with their product (still awaiting a response from Mr. Loria), ceasing purchase of that product and finally, using logic-backed arguments to try and convince others to do the same. Finally, when I win Powerball Wednesday night, I will invest my millions in a diversified asset plan so I can buy the Marlins within 10 years and revert them back oncemore.

You own jerseys and hats from rival teams and you're talking about bandwagon fans? lol

Dude, I seriously hope your kidding and I fully expect you to comeback and say you are, after saying something as ridiculous as that.

I do also appreciate you basically expecting us to feel stupid for liking the logo.. If it ain't the logo, I don't give a s**t if it's fake or not, if I like it or like.

And, of course, people who actually like the stuff have been doing the same thing, so I don't see what you are bitching about.

You took the words right out of my mouth in responding to Piazza. There are just as many people in this thread repeatedly expressing their extreme approval as those expressing their extreme disapproval. Somehow, though, it's ok for those who like it to say they'll buy the hat in a heartbeat or that they love it, but those of us who think it's a dud are to remain silent? That's not the way America works.

Personally, I like the differing opinions, it's good for the team to finally get a rise out of some of the bandwagon fans. But I don't see a need to say it over and over again how it's bad (or good). Say it once, then add something to the conversation the next time you write something.

Who give a sh*t what I own, others own crap too- I buy stuff I'd like to own and keep. Your a fan of the team, the players, the stadium and the personnel moves. You may like the colors and the logos' but they all vanish over time outside of the Yankees. Your supposed to grow out of that stage when your 10 and you've picked your favorite colors and started focusing on your favorite players. Either your 10, or just a 20-30 year old neanderthal who happened to learn how to use a computer. You need to celebrate the players and the community sense of a team.

One of the best things about the Green Bay Packers is how that community rallies around them. The players never want to leave. The fans never bitch about the logos. (And yes, they've changed over time- more then a few times). Look at Willis McGahee, when he left Buffalo he said there was sh*t to do there but go to applebees. Have you ever heard anyone say that about Green Bay?

Everytime I hear someone mention the logo, they act like Loria is trying to get us all to chomp on each other. Your not excluded either louiecastillo, your "Marry it in San Fran" thing.

I'm a 24 year old straight male, and even the fag jokes are getting old to me. If you think the logo's gay, then go **** yourself for being a Marlins fan.

I grew up in locker rooms, making fag jokes with each of my teammates, making the other teams scared to stand in the crease because i'd mess around with their heads. I've partyboyed another teams locker room when they scored 10 goals on me, and even the fag jokes are getting old to me.

How's that for an opinion. If you can't say anything other then the logo is for fags or women, then think of something original to say before you open your mouth.

It reflects really poorly on the intellect of this community that Admin's provided us with when we are bashing gays and saying were a team of fags.

/end rant

Dude, I seriously hope your kidding and I fully expect you to comeback and say you are, after saying something as ridiculous as that.

I do also appreciate you basically expecting us to feel stupid for liking the logo.. If it ain't the logo, I don't give a s**t if it's fake or not, if I like it or like.

The "lol" should have given it away. Also, I don't expect you to "feel" anything, as I don't give a crap about what others here really think anyway.

People who have liked the logo have made it known several times too.

And I don't see what's so wrong about people commenting again after they actually see the logo on a physical hat, regardless of whether or not they like it.

The real whiners appear to be those butthurt by the fact that people are dumping on the logo.

Real whiners are people who use the phrase "butthurt" as a rebuttal.

Well gosh darn that last sentence above had me confused that you care, especially when your the one putting it out there.

Look dude I ain't trying to stir sh*t, but when you throwing all this crap about, like the last two post I quoted from you, it gets old.

I'm not telling you to like the logo and buy. I'm not bitching about you not liking it. I don't have a dog in this fight. Whether serious or not like piazza said, between the gay jokes and the above quote comments, it's Getting old.

But definitely the gay jokes.

Some guy posted his interpretation of how it'll look based on what people have been saying. One guy says that if he dropped the yellow and blue, he had it nailed and another guy (who has seen it) called it 'interesting.'

If this is more or less what it is, I think it's beautiful. I'd definitely be down for wearing any of this. Especially the road alternate.

I would happily buy the black jersey and the orange hat. Those look good and overall not a bad set of kits if those are true, however the logo still sucks balls.