Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

yeah, I like that regular ^ helmet. the patch one looked weird.

edit: they're replaying a Mets/Marlins game from last season on FSN right now. the old Marlins uniforms are straight black/silver. ew. can not wait to watch this team play in a uniform with color

And that would be Loria's fault by marginalizing the teal to a thin outline. The 97-02 set had perfect balance of color, black and white.

yeah, I like that regular ^ helmet. the patch one looked weird.

edit: they're replaying a Mets/Marlins game from last season on FSN right now. the old Marlins uniforms are straight black/silver. ew. can not wait to watch this team play in a uniform with color

And that would be Loria's fault by marginalizing the teal to a thin outline. The 97-02 set had perfect balance of color, black and white.

Agreed. That was just an awesome set and I sorely miss it.

Are the players even going to wear the orange hat? It seems like every picture I've seen with a player wearing the orange jersey has shown it being paired with the black hat.

Wondering the same thing since even at the 11/11/11 intro, the orange hat was noticeably absent. Official uniform guide shows it though as a road hat so who knows.

According to my source- not squals, the orange hat was supposed to be paired with the orange jersey, and possibly with the white jersey.

The issue at the unveiling is no one noticed the player's who wore orange grabbed the wrong hat. It was mentioned after the fact.

My source is at MLB and was involved in the process of creating the new uni's.

This kinda goes against the fact that we've already seen the Marlins wear the white jersey with the black hat a million times over. All the free agent press conferences, the publicity shots of guys like Reyes on the field, etc.

Are the players even going to wear the orange hat? It seems like every picture I've seen with a player wearing the orange jersey has shown it being paired with the black hat.

Wondering the same thing since even at the 11/11/11 intro, the orange hat was noticeably absent. Official uniform guide shows it though as a road hat so who knows.

According to my source- not squals, the orange hat was supposed to be paired with the orange jersey, and possibly with the white jersey.

The issue at the unveiling is no one noticed the player's who wore orange grabbed the wrong hat. It was mentioned after the fact.

My source is at MLB and was involved in the process of creating the new uni's.

This kinda goes against the fact that we've already seen the Marlins wear the white jersey with the black hat a million times over. All the free agent press conferences, the publicity shots of guys like Reyes on the field, etc.

Believe what you like. I believe who I spoke to. He said we may see the Orange with the white, but it's defiantly orange and orange. I think he might have said Sunday Alternate, not sure.

Seems like the team is wearing the BP hat for the first time in years. I had one ordered for Christmas but MLB shop canceled my order and took down the BP hats. Has anyone seen one if or sale yet?

They are all over Miami here. I don't see why they would cancel yours though.

I ordered one when it was backordered in November. After a few weeks, the website changed backorder and listed the release date as of 1/15/2012. Then the hats disappeared for a few months and seems to be back on now. I dont know what the deal was.

Watching the uniforms in action on Baseball Tonight just now, I like them even more. I already liked them but they look great on the players I think.

It could be my distaste for the logo but I thought they looked pretty bad live in the blacks ...... The logo was too dominating and it was difficult to read with all the colors ...... I thought it looked even worse on tv