Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

If this is your "proof" then you have terrible critical reading abilities. Those aren't the posts of insiders. Those are people bitching about "Miami" being on the home uniforms. They are saying nothing about the alternate uniforms, which is what this discussion was about in the first place.

Why can't you just admit that you might have had your facts wrong? Show me one post from someone claiming to have seen the jerseys already that claims that the alternate jerseys read "Miami."

I misread. I didn't really make a distinction between alternates and home and away. I was under the impressions that all away and home jerseys have the city's name on it. That is, every uniform worn would have Miami on it. When I think of alternate, I just think of 'the other jersey they wear' and place it under home or away.

Why did you press this so hard? Kind of a dick move, honestly. It was an incorrect observation I made as a result of the way I categorized jerseys. Nothing for you to throw a bitch fit over, really.

How am I the one at fault? I noticed that you made a mistake and tried to correct you. Instead of simply acknowledging the mistake in the first place or clarifying what you meant, you kept persisting with this claim by dropping quotes here with no explanation (which proved nothing). And now you are personally attacking me and name calling. Way to go.

I just thought of a very important prospect for us uniforms and hat guys that actually plan on picking up the new stuff.

I'm wondering if the uniforms and hats will have a special patch on each representing the 1st year of the ballpark. I'm expecting a Miami Marlins inaugural season patch on the uniforms but the hat lately has been used as the showcase for the new stadium. The twins and mets come to mind as recent teams to have hat patches. I'm wondering the following:

If a hat patch is used will it

1) be a generic "new marlins ballpark patch"

2) no patch

3) or release hats without the patch then when the name is released add the patch for opening season.

Wow, I didn't think of that.

There's another option though, and I think it's the most likely: they could make a 'Miami Marlins' inaugural patch to commemorate the new team as a whole and not just the ballpark.

I really hope the new hats come with it, but I don't think the one they found in Buffalo had it.

Yeah I'm expecting the patch on the jersey but we don't have much history with hat commentating hat patches. We have only used what league mandates on the hat (Allstar, flags, world series). We really don't have much precendent when it comes to the hat.

I know most the people here don't care but I'm wondering if we will actually wear our Batting Practice hats this year. I don't recall seeing or hearing about any of the marlins players wearing BP hats. We just always where the game cap.

Yeah I'm expecting the patch on the jersey but we don't have much history with hat commentating hat patches. We have only used what league mandates on the hat (Allstar, flags, world series). We really don't have much precendent when it comes to the hat.

I know most the people here don't care but I'm wondering if we will actually wear our Batting Practice hats this year. I don't recall seeing or hearing about any of the marlins players wearing BP hats. We just always where the game cap.

My guess from what we've seen/heard and from, well, my own assumptions... we'll have a sleeve patch but nothing on the caps.

As for BP caps, I'd say they will be worn as a way to sell more merchandise.

I'm preparing myself for the uniforms to be awful.

There's a great way to go through life......

Yeah, because the revealing of new uniforms is totally a parallel to life in general.

My point is that people here are expecting to hate the new unit without actually seeing what everything is going to look like....In my many years of being on this earth, I have found that those people just LOVE to be unhappy.....

After the big reveal, go ahead and hate if you want to, but to "expect" to hate it...??

Before you have actually seen it??

Really..??

That's a good point Silver but why have they not worn them this past year. The same thing could be said. I held off buying one at the time because itry to only collect stuff worn by the team. Helps keep the budget manageable.

I'd say that in past years the player's preference came before the need to sell merchandise. Now with the rebranding they're gonna be pretty persistent with showing off all the new attire

I'm preparing myself for the uniforms to be awful.

There's a great way to go through life......

Yeah, because the revealing of new uniforms is totally a parallel to life in general.

My point is that people here are expecting to hate the new unit without actually seeing what everything is going to look like....In my many years of being on this earth, I have found that those people just LOVE to be unhappy.....

After the big reveal, go ahead and hate if you want to, but to "expect" to hate it...??

Before you have actually seen it??

Really..??

That's a little extreme, don't you think? Just because someone is expecting the uniforms to look bad doesn't mean they have a miserable life. There have been a lot of people who do not like what they see based on the leaks that have come out, and the leaks have been pretty convincing. Besides, if you don't have high expectations for the new uniforms, you eliminate the possibility of being let down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.