Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

I think it will never be excepted and changed very quickly..... If people dont buy it, it will be changed. This is not going to be there logo for long. No one is going to buy this except for true die hard marlins fans, and even many people I know that are wont buy them. If it doesnt sell they will change it.

I think it will never be excepted and changed very quickly..... If people dont buy it, it will be changed. This is not going to be there logo for long. No one is going to buy this except for true die hard marlins fans, and even many people I know that are wont buy them. If it doesnt sell they will change it.

Put me in that category of a true diehard fan and NOT purchasing this new gear. Not because I want to make a stand, but because i just don't like it, and im very happy with my old Florida marlins gear. Maybe in the future, if I know this logo is going to stay here, THEN i might reconsider.

Hawk, i can definately see that Blue dropshadowed script being the one for the orange jersey. If I had money, I would probably put money on it. Maybe evern the black jersey but I'm thinking the black might be Marlins with the orange drop shadow.

Well looks like I was semi right. Orange jersey has the blue drop shadow but the marlin is in a different place.

I guess it just seems like Miami teams dont care about the Miami fans. Thats what makes me so sad. They only care about attracting the other people. I know that there are lots of people from other areas that move down there, and the teams depend on the other teams fans to fill the stadium, but you just dont have to be so blatant about it. At least when Texas put it on their jersey, they did it for the people in Texas to be proud. The Miami was put on to stick it to everyone and get tourist dollars.

I guess it just seems like Miami teams dont care about the Miami fans. Thats what makes me so sad. They only care about attracting the other people. I know that there are lots of people from other areas that move down there, and the teams depend on the other teams fans to fill the stadium, but you just dont have to be so blatant about it. At least when Texas put it on their jersey, they did it for the people in Texas to be proud. The Miami was put on to stick it to everyone and get tourist dollars.

You guess way too damn much. STOP GUESSING AND KNOW THINGS!

Put me in that category of a true diehard fan and NOT purchasing this new gear. Not because I want to make a stand, but because i just don't like it, and im very happy with my old Florida marlins gear. Maybe in the future, if I know this logo is going to stay here, THEN i might reconsider.

Well, uniform changes have to be submitted to the league two years prior to the changes, so I would think the absolute earliest this could change would be 2015.

count me in as liking the new unis. i was worried that the design would be loud and obnoxious like those atrocious '03 world series rings, but the uniforms actually have a minimalist vibe to it. it's growing on me. i do agree that the M on the cap should be smaller.

Admin, great work on the new site logo!

I'm indifferent.. part of me thinks hey thats kind of cool.. part of me thinks TOO MUCH ORANGE AND BLUE.

all i know is i'm glad i stocked up on marlins gear 50% off from mlb shop last night.. it's going to take me a while before i buy any of the new gear

PS. PLEASE MAKE THIS BOARD LESS ORANGE AND BLUE! throw some yellow and green in there or something.

Listening to the radio today I heard nothing but people mocking these things. I don't know about you guys, but I have heard very few people, if any, outside of the South Florida area who actually like them. (And there are a lot of people from S. FL who don't like it either, myself included). People are just absolutely tearing it apart. Our credibility and image are taking a huge hit, as if it weren't already bad enough. Not that that matters necessarily, but having to hear about the team you follow so closely being subjected to humiliation and laughter, I have to say it's kind of embarrassing.

Listening to the radio today I heard nothing but people mocking these things. I don't know about you guys, but I have heard very few people, if any, outside of the South Florida area who actually like them. (And there are a lot of people from S. FL who don't like it either, myself included). People are just absolutely tearing it apart. Our credibility and image are taking a huge hit, as if it weren't already bad enough. Not that that matters necessarily, but having to hear about the team you follow so closely being subjected to humiliation and laughter, I have to say it's kind of embarrassing.

How do you think this will affect free agency if this becomes a media frenzy? Specially if the media takes the angle of 'there are the Marlins, can't do anything right'. I am seriously repulsed by the logo, I just hope the media doesn't kill us for it and makes a national spectacle.

You'll get used to it. Jeez people, relax.....

It's been more than a month now since the logo was leaked, still dislike it and I don't think that's going to change. Acceptance and liking something are two different things, and remember, the media is less forgiving.

Yea, the logo isn't the greatest, but after seeing the leaked uni's it's not nearly as bad as it could have been...

It's been more than a month now since the logo was leaked, still dislike it and I don't think that's going to change. Acceptance and liking something are two different things, and remember, the media is less forgiving.

I really couldn't give a sh*t what the media thinks. The media will always find a way to dog us. "Don't spend enough money, SILLY MARLINS", "No fans at the games, SILLY MARLINS", "Trying to sign real free agents, SILLY MARLINS".

I assure you, that when the team starts playing again, and playing well, no one will give a sh*t about the logo. And in regards to your other question, free agents will go where they will get paid, not what the friggin logo looks like.

count me in as liking the new unis. i was worried that the design would be loud and obnoxious like those atrocious '03 world series rings, but the uniforms actually have a minimalist vibe to it. it's growing on me. i do agree that the M on the cap should be smaller.

Admin, great work on the new site logo!

How the hell is it not loud? These things are the Craig Sager suits of MLB.

I really couldn't give a sh*t what the media thinks. The media will always find a way to dog us. "Don't spend enough money, SILLY MARLINS", "No fans at the games, SILLY MARLINS", "Trying to sign real free agents, SILLY MARLINS".

I assure you, that when the team starts playing again, and playing well, no one will give a sh*t about the logo. And in regards to your other question, free agents will go where they will get paid, not what the friggin logo looks like.

If Marlins get Pujols, I wont care about the logo.

:p