Ozzie Guillen Named New Manager

LordMagnus

they say it won't be big name. sox are looking for a decent prospect according to one of the reports

Maybe we throw them Kyle Skipworth, decent ranked prospect thats basically going nowhere in our organization.

hell no. still young, put up decent power numbers. was rushed to AA. give him 1-2 more years to see if he turns into a decent hitter

I really wonder what the White Sox expect. The Marlins only have 2 good prospects not on the 40 man - Yelich and James. "Decent," is the Ozuna, Jensen, Realmuto, maybe Rasmussen, Canha, Jennings, Smolinski group. Most of those guys are a C+/C prospect at best. Everyone else is pretty much lower and a crapshoot. I can't imagine what the White Sox are trying to accomplish. This farm is horrible and the Marlins aren't going to trade them a top 15 prospect in even their depleted system, which basically adds up to "power arm no control" pitcher compensation.

Honestly while trading a player for a manager seems sill, it says one thing to me.

The Marlins want next season to be exceptional. By acquiring him, they're not taking any chances in him having second thoughts/returning to Chicago and/or going elsewhere than Miami.

Affirms the notion of the Marlins wanting to spend in my eyes, even if it's just speculation/talk.

“F--- more years. I want more money,’’ Guillen said. “I don’t work here for years. No, I want more money. Years, what, I’m going to die poor with the White Sox? Hell, no. Listen this is my job. It’s the only thing I can do. I have to make money out of somewhere. I’m not a doctor or a lawyer, where you’ll have a job for the rest of your life.

“Life is about money. People don’t believe that. People are happy after they make money, f--- it.’’

“F--- more years. I want more money,’’ Guillen said. “I don’t work here for years. No, I want more money. Years, what, I’m going to die poor with the White Sox? Hell, no. Listen this is my job. It’s the only thing I can do. I have to make money out of somewhere. I’m not a doctor or a lawyer, where you’ll have a job for the rest of your life.

“Life is about money. People don’t believe that. People are happy after they make money, f--- it.’’

Damn youuuuuuuuuuu, beat me to it! lol

If the team ain't winning it's going to be a circus. Oh well, maybe it'll work out... just hope they know what they're getting into.

Sorry Hot,

Not necessarily quoting your content, thought I hit reply.

Out of all this, I do hope Perry and Joe get to stick around. It's nice having a solid 3rd base coach and our defense has improved.

I love this guy.