Stadium memories

pb1300

Going to my first regular season game in '95 against the Padres and catching a Foul ball

Attending Louis Castillo and Billy McMillon's MLB debuts.

Attending Andre Dawson night.

Attending Mike Lowell's Marlins debut.

Taking my son to his first game in 07 against the Twins. Andre was signing autographs before the game (my little guy getting his ball signed is in my signature). The actual lineup card from the dugout from that game is now proudly hanging on the wall of my Marlins room and has been signed by many of the players listed on the card.

Was in attendance for Al Leiter's no hitter.

Was in attendance for Anibal's one hitter this year.

Other than that, I used to go to games once a week from 93-96. Paid upper deck price and moved down to the fourth row in right field. I remember vividly one night where the game got rained out and I went running all around the lower bowl collecting plastic cups. Wound up with about 50 of them, some of which I still have.

It wasn't a great place to watch a baseball game by any means nor was it ideal for this part of the country but it had it's own charm and appeal.

I will miss it.

Opening day in 1997 and Alou hitting a homer right by me. Then game 6 in the 1997 world series, sitting in the very upper deck in left center. We lost but it was awesome.

Off topic but has anyone else noticed the Gatorade commercial with Joe Mauer is in Joe Robbie? Been meaning to ask this for a while.

Opening day in 1997 and Alou hitting a homer right by me. Then game 6 in the 1997 world series, sitting in the very upper deck in left center. We lost but it was awesome.

Off topic but has anyone else noticed the Gatorade commercial with Joe Mauer is in Joe Robbie? Been meaning to ask this for a while.

I thought that as well. However, I was never sure because they seemed to make the lighting extremely dark.

From a Marlins standpoint: I was lucky enough to be at Josh Beckett's Game 5 performance against the Cubs in 2003. That was some of the finest post-season pitching I've ever seen and is lost in the shuffle of "Steve Bartman" and the 3-1 comeback.

From a history standpoint: I saw Ken Griffy Jr. hit his 600th homerun against Mark Hendrickson. I was happy from the point I witnessed history, wasn't that happy that the Marlins lost the game because of another homerun. Not Griffy's, but Paul Bako's...

I've gone to so many games. I always buy 12 dollar fish tank fix and sit right behind the plate.

Was at just about every home playoff game in 03. remember getting the crappiest seats but not caring. Remembering saying I'm not going to school if game 4 ends after midnight, i think he hit the homer at like 11:59. Beckett being unbelievable. So many memories, kind of sad to see it go but not really.

I have to contribute one that's certainly not a positive memory, but one that kind of encapsulates the stadium experience. I remember when Valerio De Los Santos, pitching in the outer bands of one of those many storms we had mid-decade, hit the poor Cubs hitter, Adam Greenberg, in the head in his first and ultimately only major league plate appearance.

That's just an example of how being in that outdoor stadium screwed up a lot of things when we still had to play some baseball.

Did anyone here eyewitness the Gallaraga home run ? The infamous 500+ foot launch ?

I was there with my Dad when I was like 7 or 8 and I clearly remember it. He did it off of Kevin Brown. The next at-bat, Kevin Brown hit him and the benches cleared. Probably the farthest hit homerun I have even seen.

Ya just knew Brownie was going to do that. Such an intense player. I bet he holds the record for most club house TVs smashed. He would take a bat to them if he felt he just pitched a bad game. Bobby Bo evidently knew it was going to happen. He's the one that intercepted Big Cat before he got to Brownie. I don't remember any actual punches being thrown, but I do remember hoping the stadium was going to hold that ball in. He just launched that thing.

I have to contribute one that's certainly not a positive memory, but one that kind of encapsulates the stadium experience. I remember when Valerio De Los Santos, pitching in the outer bands of one of those many storms we had mid-decade, hit the poor Cubs hitter, Adam Greenberg, in the head in his first and ultimately only major league plate appearance.

That's just an example of how being in that outdoor stadium screwed up a lot of things when we still had to play some baseball.

Thankfully, Greenberg's back in the Minors and is working his way back up I believe.

From a Marlins standpoint: I was lucky enough to be at Josh Beckett's Game 5 performance against the Cubs in 2003. That was some of the finest post-season pitching I've ever seen and is lost in the shuffle of "Steve Bartman" and the 3-1 comeback.

From a history standpoint: I saw Ken Griffy Jr. hit his 600th homerun against Mark Hendrickson. I was happy from the point I witnessed history, wasn't that happy that the Marlins lost the game because of another homerun. Not Griffy's, but Paul Bako's...

I was at that a game, too....Very sweet to see all those mopy cubs' fans leaving.....Being a White Sox fan, it was doubly sweet!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.