Mark Buehrle, Marlins agree to 4 year/$58 million contract

Iowa

I go to the gym and I miss a big signing! I knew running nonstop for the full hour would be good for something. I haven't looked at the terms and figures yet, but YES! How late am I to the Buehrle party?

Eh, if you're late, it's fine. It's Miami, EVERYBODY'S late!

Which is why Pujols and Prince haven't signed yet.

I go to the gym and I miss a big signing! I knew running nonstop for the full hour would be good for something. I haven't looked at the terms and figures yet, but YES! How late am I to the Buehrle party?

About an hour late.

I had a feeling something would happen if I left. But it's cool. I feel good! Dananananana

So, we replaced Vazquez with Buehrle. Vazquez was arguably the better pitcher last year.

So, our rotation is the same right now as it was last year.

#DebbieDowner #RealityCheck #1MoreSPPlease!

Well, the hope is that they get a full season out of Josh Johnson.

But talent-wise, it's probably the same. That's why I've been saying they need at least one more starter to be legit.

Probably. But if we can't get Wilson, there's always Oswalt or trade for a pitcher.

Eh, if you're late, it's fine. It's Miami, EVERYBODY'S late!

Which is why Pujols and Prince haven't signed yet.

Yet? poo-holes is not gonna sign, I hope the Marlins go after Prince

@jonmorosiJon Morosi

This is one of the great shopping sprees in sports history. #Marlins official insists they aren't done pursuing players.

Wow. I am seriously hoping for Prince. He's younger, for less money, less years, left-handed, will balance out the lineup... He makes too much sense for our team.

Seriously. That would also mean another SP for Gaby. If we can connect those dots, they must know.

he's an innings horse. He's the #2 we needed. It's great.

Yep and a lefty. He's just solid baseball player all around and good club house guy. Love this signing. Hopefully add another arm and we're looking at a pretty decent rotation. It will still all come back to JJ's health throughout the year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.