Pujols to Angels

mystikol87

Since were all really just throwing all hell to the wind forum wise, ill ask this here. Can anyone get around the block on the Florida Marlins site. I want to get in and check out the webcam. I wonder if the plastic they put down is where they will do the ceremony.

I just checked the webcam and it is blocked. Tried find another webcam but failed.

If we win the World Series in 2012 I wonder if ESPN will do a 30 for 30 type documentary years from now.

They changed their team name.

They changed their team colors.

The moved to a new stadium.

They brought in new stars.

They won it all.

I'd buy that, and put it on my bookshelf next to "If They Don't Win It's a Shame: The Year The Marlins Bought The World Series" (a book about the '97 team)

Jesus, MLBN is bringing up the possibility of trading Hanley now. smh

I could see it if he gets pissed off about having to switch, but only if we get both Reyes and Pujols. i dont condone it. The guys on XM Radio, specifically Casey Stern and Jim Bowden were bitching about Hanley wasnt treated right and wondering why he wasnt at the lunch with Reyes. Casey Stern is such a dick when it comes to anything Marlins anyways, especially now the uniforms.

From SBnation: http://stlouis.sbnat...s-miami-marlins

Report: Miami Marlins Make Offer To Albert Pujols

Nov 11 6:06p by Steven Muma

Read More: Albert Pujols (1B - STL), St. Louis Cardinals, Florida Marlins

Albert Pujols was in Miami on Friday to meet with Marlins officials, and according to the Post-Dispatch's Derrick Goold, Pujols left the meeting with a "substantial offer."

Pujols spent most of the afternoon with Marlins officials and, according to a source familiar with the Marlins' thinking, left those meetings with a substantial offer.

Pujols is a free agent for the first time in his career, and Friday represented the first of what could become a number of recruiting-like visits for the first baseman. Pujols stopped in Miami for the meetingson his way home to St. Louis from the Dominican Republic, where he had been doing work with his foundation, The Pujols Family Foundation.

It's the first of several potential visits with interested clubs, Goold reports. Other teams that may be interested in making a play for Pujols include the Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers and Texas Rangers.

For more on this situation, check out Viva El Birdos, SB Nation's St. Louis Cardinals blog, and Fish Stripes, SB Nation's Florida Marlins blog.

I'm serious, that would be f***ing epic if Pujols or Reyes walks out in a Marlins uniform. Hey if you wanna add fuel to the fire, you can say that Samson was stalling the other day when he wouldn't comment on Pujols but had no problem talking about anyone else. They have been in contact. Offered a contract he couldnt refuse. Pujols is really in Miami to sign the contract and throw on a uniform. Loria has been saving his pennies over the past 11 years.

Like it or not, everyone here has to to admit it would be the story of the century.

As epic as that would be, I don't see Pujols slapping St. Louis in the face like that like LeBron did to Cleveland (especially since LeBron only did it for a payday and Pujols wouldn't see a dime). Reyes, however, could totally do that.

LeBron actually took less money to come to Miami. LeBron came to the Heat because he felt it gave him the best situation to consistently contend for a title.

Now I don't know what s going through Pujols mind right now, BUT the only reasons he would come to the Marlins is MONEY & maybe living in Miami

He would be coming to Miami for the exact opposite reason as LeBron.

I thought LeBron got a max contract from the Heat? Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with you regarding Pujols and his motives. His interest in the Marlins and the Marlins interest in him only benefits both parties. It drives up Albert's price and gives the Marlins positive press needed to fuel this movement....

No, he signed for $ 11 million a year, whereas if he had resigned with Cleveland he would have been guaranteed something like $ 18 million a year.

He signed for way more than $11mil, he started at 14 and is going up every year. Also, he doesn't have to pay 16.8% Ohio income tax

I really wonder what these offers are. You are telling me there is a 20++ mil offer on the table for Pujols, along with an 15-20 mil deal for Reyes.. and an offer for Buehrle on top of that? I really hope this isn't all for show heading in to the unveiling. Until we sign someone, its hard not to remain skeptical.

So there are 3 offers on the table? This seems weird to me

Correct. Pujols, Reyes, and Buehrle all have been extended contract offers by the Marlins. The good news I am taking from this is they didn't approach Pujols, lose that battle, then move on to Reyes. They're going after EVERYONE RIGHT NOW, as if they intend on signing ALL of them....