Spoke to a Sales Agent about Free Agency Rumors

MiamiNative0722

I went to the tours today at the ballpark and a sales agent gave me the inside scoop on everything that's happening with the free agents.

1. He said we offered Pujols 5 years 125 million, doesn't think Pujols will accept that, but he doesn't believe its about money for Pujols, its about comfort

2. We offered Reyes a 3 year deal with a 2 year option, said hanley and jose speak every day and are super tight

3. Front Office attended the Cespedes workouts and the guy was a monster, said he hit about 9 homers in a row at the workout, but unfortunately he believes the price might be too high after the workout

4. We are still looking to trade for Shields, but LoMo would not be involved, trading pieces could be Gaby Nolasco Coghlan

5. Also discussing with Buehrle and Zambrano, pitching main focus

6. Said name of stadium is something we drink! 18 year deal that gives the marlins 6 mill a year! I think its Bacardi Park!

Overall I was very happy with what he told me, imagine an offseason getting Reyes Buehrle and Shields! The pitching rotation would be great

I went to the tours today at the ballpark and a sales agent gave me the inside scoop on everything that's happening with the free agents.

1. He said we offered Pujols 5 years 125 million, doesn't think Pujols will accept that, but he doesn't believe its about money for Pujols, its about comfort

2. We offered Reyes a 3 year deal with a 2 year option, said hanley and jose speak every day and are super tight

3. Attended the Cespedes workouts and the guy was a monster, said he hit about 9 homers in a row at the workout, but unfortunately he believes the price might be too high after the workout

4. We are still looking to trade for Shields, but LoMo would not be involved, trading pieces could be Sanchez Nolasco Coghlan

6. Said name of stadium is something we drink! 18 year deal that gives the marlins 6 mill a year! I think its Bacardi Park!

Overall I was very happy with what he told me, imagine an offseason getting Reyes Buehrle and Shields! The pitching rotation would be great

well then i imagine it would be either bacardi or maybe the pepsi rumor we heard about. bacardi is very miami as we all know.

as for the sanchez that would be traded for shields....thats gaby correct?

i would love to bring in shields and buehrle and get rid of nolasco's 20.5 million over the next two years.

I actually believe most of the stuff he said. Especially the Pujols deal. That seems like a reasonable offer from the Marlins. The only thing I find hard to believe is trading away Sanchez, Nolasco and Coghlan for Shields.

He didnt say we would be trading all of them, he said those would be the potential pieces involved, perhaps 2 of them

3. Attended the Cespedes workouts and the guy was a monster, said he hit about 9 homers in a row at the workout, but unfortunately he believes the price might be too high after the workout

4. We are still looking to trade for Shields, but LoMo would not be involved, trading pieces could be Sanchez Nolasco Coghlan

well then i imagine it would be either bacardi or maybe the pepsi rumor we heard about. bacardi is very miami as we all know.

as for the sanchez that would be traded for shields....thats gaby correct?

i would love to bring in shields and buehrle and get rid of nolasco's 20.5 million over the next two years.

Yes it is gaby just changed it.

I actually believe most of the stuff he said. Especially the Pujols deal. That seems like a reasonable offer from the Marlins. The only thing I find hard to believe is trading away Sanchez, Nolasco and Coghlan for Shields.

yeah when you first read 5 years 125 million you think pujols would laugh but then you realize that 25 million a year.

25 million a year is a solid offer but he will certainly get 2 or 3 years more at around the same salary. i also feel like he will use a-rods contract as a basis.

Yeah I don't think a sales rep is a good source for potential deals. Although I do think his assessment of the stadium name is correct, considering it was supposed to be announced months ago.

He said it was going to be announced in July, but the board of the company voted a different way and said most likely will be announced in December, said they've been dealing with this company for 12 months now

Juan Rodriguez just retweeted this from someone called "injuryexpert" (WIll Carroll):

Told that the Marlins can sign Pujols and Reyes. Have at least one trade offer out, plus Buehrle and one more pitcher.

I asked Juan how credible the source was and he told me it's a good source, whatever that means.

yeah when you first read 5 years 125 million you think pujols would laugh but then you realize that 25 million a year.

25 million a year is a solid offer but he will certainly get 2 or 3 years more at around the same salary. i also feel like he will use a-rods contract as a basis.

I think this offer is definitely something the Marlins would do, because it actually makes sense. Nobody wants to be paying $30 mill a year for a 39-40 year old player in the National League... Five years is the MAX I would offer him, too.

With that said, while it makes sense, I am a car salesman (at my desk right now, actually)... This guys JOB is to get you excited so you BUY. Of course he's gonna tell you things you would like to hear...

I'm guessing Nolasco is on his way our for anything as long as it means we free up space.

So 25 million for Pujols, assume 15 million for Reyes, 10 for Buehrle. That's 50 million added to our roster. Who knows who the other pitcher is. Could be anyone from Ryan Madson, to Carlos Zambrano to James Shields to Gio Gonzalez.

Juan Rodriguez just retweeted this from someone called "injuryexpert" (WIll Carroll):

Told that the Marlins can sign Pujols and Reyes. Have at least one trade offer out, plus Buehrle and one more pitcher.

I asked Juan how credible the source was and he told me it's a good source, whatever that means.

probably means it's a good source...

probably means it's a good source...

I just don't buy it personally. Apparently this guy just tweets about sports injuries and other stuff. He's not an insider as far as I can tell.

One trade offer out? Hmmm....

I'm guessing Nolasco is on his way our for anything as long as it means we free up space.

So 25 million for Pujols, assume 15 million for Reyes, 10 for Buehrle. That's 50 million added to our roster. Who knows who the other pitcher is. Could be anyone from Ryan Madson, to Carlos Zambrano to James Shields to Gio Gonzalez.

i think 10 for buehrle is a little low. he made 15 million last year. he will probably want at least 12-13 a year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.