Mermaids and Manatees

Hollyberry

Would you like to see the Mermaids and Manatees back next year?

IMO, the Mermaids and Manatees take away the game of baseball and I hope they are gone next year.

As for the futures of the Marlins Mermaids and Manatees, Flynn said the organization is still deciding what they will be doing with their in-game activities.

I voted None!!

Makes the team look like a Joke, get rid of em....I go to the games to see baseball, not some over the top spray tanned chick with an inch of make-up on, if I want that ill go to the local strip club, now if they were to offer 20 min lap dance for 20 bucks then maybe, but I dont see them doing that any time soon.

I'd like to see the Manatees dropped. Adding them was the most bush league thing the franchise has ever done and they don't really fit in with the vibe that the new park is trying to achieve.

Clownish? Ridiculous? Embarrassing? Stupid? Adequately descriptive pejoratives escape me. I don't know what they were smoking when they approved that excursion into idiocy, but it must have been some really good stuff.

Manatees please be gone.

The Braves, Rays, and Brewers don't have cheerleaders as much as they have this:

The Angels had them at one point but not sure if they still do.

Mmmmm, southern girls! ;)

I went with "Undecided" but I wish I could change it to just keeping the Mermaids. The Manatees were funny, and they're cool guys but I think we need to move from that, its kind of embarrassing to be laughed at because of them. Marlins are no joke, dammit!

DJ Petey and DJ Vertigo are much worse than the Mermaids and Manatees.

Agree with this. Especially Petey. I don't think either the Mermaids or the Manatees take away from the game. They are between inning entertainment. Nothing more. And at the games the "crowds" seem to like them. If you think they take away from the games then it must be that the kissing cam, throwing promotional shirts to the crowd, etc..., also take away from the game. Between innings just show on the big screen the next batters and what they have done vs that particular pitcher. Or something similar.